KarloPalma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2006, 07:39 PM
    Insert -> Local File option not working in Word 2000
    Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting my Insert -> Local File option to work in
    Word. When I click on it, the Select File window does not pop up. In
    Fact it doesn't do anything, except for a quick hourglass then back to
    Normal cursor.

I'm using Office 2000 which is running off the server.
    If there is anymore information you require, please ask. I'm anxious to fix this problem.

CHeers
    Dale F Wiley Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 02:29 PM
    Hi,

When Word starts misbehaving the prudent thing to do is to simply replace Normal.dot.
    (Normal.dot is the default template for Word.)

If you have significantly modified or configured the Toolbars as I have you might want to make a backup copy of Normal.dot so you could restore it if necessary.
    (If this is true there should already be a backup copy)

Delete Normal.dot

Close Word

Use the Find/Search Files or Folders feature of Windows Start, Find or Start, Search

All Files and Folders

Type in Normal.dot

Search Drive C:

Select Search or Find

You should see either Normal.dot or Normal in the search results depending on how you configured the Folders.

Delete it and if you see ~ormal.dot, ~$ Normal.dot.doc or ~normal.dot delete those also to your Recycle Bin.

When you start Word again it will create a new normal.dot that is the default Document1.doc.

Good luck.

Dale :-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

MS Word 2000 hitch [ 12 Answers ]

For some reason Word began keeping minimazed only the last one of the few documents I am working on, making word processing very laborious and frustrating having to continuously re-download the other files that disappeared after minimazing them. Hope some kind souls could advise me. Thanks....

Copy from Word Logo & insert in Email [ 3 Answers ]

Can I copy a letter I have in a word doucment that also includes a graphic letterhead i.e. logo and insert in Yahoo mail. I know how to copy & paste the regular part of the letter but cannot insert the Logo. Maybe not possible.

MS Word 2000 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am running Word 2000 ona system that has a Windows2000 OS. My Problem is that if I click on the Word Icon to start it, it briefly appears then disappears without trace, If however I I open an existing word document it works fine. I have tried deleting and re-creatingthe NORMAL.DOT file...

Word 2000 glitch? [ 2 Answers ]

?? Cannot type in any document! Can anyone help me? So confused, program worked fine until now... pretzel :(

Word 2000 Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I put files onto a disc from my school and then loaded a Microsoft file, Microsoft word loads but only squares appear in the document. Anyone help, is it something to do with having a different os from the school, I have xp home and I think they have nt? Please could someone help me?

View more questions Search