Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NishantMehra Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 08:44 AM
    How Long a Green Card Holder stay outside usa
    Hi,

I'm Nishant Mehra and I have two questions in mind.

1) How long a Green Card holder stay out side USA?
    2) What if a Green Card holder deliver's her baby outside USA?

If someone can help it would be highly appreciated.

Thank You
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Mar 10, 2009, 09:52 AM

An LPR can stay outside the US for just under six months without too much problem. If a year or more, expect problems on entry to US as they may say the LPR has abandoned permanent residence. Should have good documentation of why the extended stay outside the US was required.

If planning on being outside for more than six months, recommended for LPR to file I-131 for a re-entry permit. Valid for 2 years and is an affirmative filing with USCIS regarding intention to remain an LPR. Please note this does not waive physical presence in US for citizenship.

LPR should maintain ties to US: always pay or file US taxes; keep an address in US, drivers license, bank accounts, credit cards, memberships, etc.

Child born outside the US is subject to the childbirth and nationality laws of that country. If one parent is a USC, they should register the birth with the US consulate.

If this was helpful, rate this answer. Thank you.
    guria45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Aug 7, 2010, 02:56 PM
    If I my stayed 12 month and entry back in the usa on last date of expiration my time bar limit being a green card holder what will happened they will deport me back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long can a Green Card Holder live outside USA [ 3 Answers ]

How long can an immigrant with Valid Permanent Green Card/Residence Permit and a valid foreign Passport stay outside of USA without Re-Entry Permit and without affecting his/her Residency, Naturalization or US Citizenship?

How long it will take to come in usa after marry with green card holder? [ 2 Answers ]

I am green card holder in usa and I want to marry guy outside usa. What is the best way to bring him in usa as soon as posiible?

How long can A GREEN CARD HOLDER be outside the US without jeopardizing the status [ 31 Answers ]

How long can A GREEN CARD HOLDER be outside the US without jeopardizing the status back in the US?

Green card holder [ 2 Answers ]

Can a green card holder travel to Europe for vacation & if so, what are the requirements?:confused:

Is H1 married to Green Card Holder elligible to apply for Green Card? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am on my H1B visa in USA since Jan 2006.I got married to a Permanent resident in US while I am on my h1B. 1) I would like to know if I could start my green card processing through my husband? 2) How long can I stay on my H1B and when should I get my extension of H1B? Thanks Much!...

View more questions Search