Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1HotMomma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 11:40 PM
    Mutual obligation
    I performed 2 separate upholstery services. The client withheld final payment on the second service due to concerns with the first(which was paid if full-after it was completed) Both were on separate estimates. Both were signed by the customer. Would this be a breech of mutual obligation on the customer's behalf?
    stargazer1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 12:00 AM

I am not a lawyer but I think the customer could not withheld the payment for the second service because of some flaw with the first service. In the first place, the first service was already completed. Second, the payment withheld was from the second service which is entirely different from the second. If I were you, I would consult a lawyer.
    ------------------
    On Legal Matters
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 08:52 AM

When was the first service performed and paid for? When was the second service performed and paid for? The dates are important; they should have expressed their concern with the first service prior to having you perform the second... unless both services were scheduled on the same day.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2009, 08:55 AM

I agree that the timing is a key issue here. It would be within the customer's rights to withhold payment if the timing is right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my obligation here? [ 2 Answers ]

First off let me say how great it feels to finally post a question about something other than dating:) I have a troublesome situation, although I'm not sure I've posted it in the right place I hope you'll read on. My brothers and I joined a Basketball team recently and the team is made up of...

Legal obligation [ 5 Answers ]

My mother passed away and during her life she had given me a credit card to use for billd I had after my divorce and bankrupsy that resulted into. I have paid on this monthly and never have been late. Now m mother has passed and my father is still living but card was in her name only and he was not...

Obligation or Love? [ 10 Answers ]

This is a question for the guy's... but ladies can answer as well. The guy I am seeing was drinking a few night's ago... he was saying stuff like, "the only reason i have not gone back home is because of you ( me )...because i was there for him . I asked him "Yes or no" do you want this...

Roommate obligation [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughter is living in Seattle in an apartment that she shares with another woman. They had a one year lease, which ran out in September of last year.They decided to stay in the apartment together, while on a month to month lease plan with the landlord. The problem is...

View more questions Search