Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    knkbradford Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 08:10 PM
    Wiring Honeywell RTH7500
    I am replacing a White-Rodgers nonprogammable thermostat with a Honeywell RTH7500 programmable thermostat. This is the wiring config on the old thermostat. By the way I have a heat pump with emergency heat.

B = Blue wire
    Y = Yellow wire
    G = Green wire
    R = Red wire
    W = White wire
    C = Brown wire

How do I hook up my new Honeywell RTH7500? What wires go where on the new thermostat?

Thank you all for your help.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 10, 2009, 12:27 PM

This should get you started 7-Day Push-Button Install - Honeywell Your Home Expert If need be stay on this site and search for a manual if you lost yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring for Honeywell RTH7500 thermostat [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to install a new Honeywell RTH7500 thermostat to replace my Robertshaw 9200 thermostat. The Robertshaw 9200 had the following connections: One yellow wire that was connected to W and Y (the wire is long and was threaded underneath the screws in the W and Y connections);...

Honeywell rth7500. Can't figure out wires [ 1 Answers ]

I did a stupid. I took off the old non-progamable stat and didn't mark my wires. Here are the wires that I have. Red, yellow, blue, green, white and Orange. I'm not sure where they go. I have a Bryant furnace, heat pump and Air cond. This is a new house less than 6months old. Any...

Wiring a honeywell RTH7500 Programmable thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing my old thermostat a Trane BAYSTAT240A with a honeywell RTH7500 series one. There were eight wires on my old W- B- X2-Y-G-O-R-and a T. There is no spot to hook up the T wire although I got the unit to work. Right now the biggest problem is I can't read the display good because the...

Installing a RTH7500 Honeywell Theromstate [ 1 Answers ]

I currently have a Honeywell T874R 1053 Thermostat with a Q674L 1140 base. I have eight wires coming out of the wall. They are connected to: T, W, G, R, O, Y, B, X2. There is a jumper wire running from W to X2. None of the help tutorials that Honeywell has, lets you elect eight wires coming...

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

View more questions Search