Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amy1962 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Is violation of probation a felony?
    Is violation of probation for a misdemeanor a felony?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 07:13 PM

If you are on misdemeanor probation and violate your probation it is still a misdemeanor. If you are on felony probation and violate your probation it is still a felony. Just because you violate your probation does not mean the charges get bumped up or bumped down from the original conviction. In other words, misdemeanors don't get changed into felonies and vice versa.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2009, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy1962 View Post
    Is violation of probation for a misdemeanor a felony?
    Hello again, Amy:

Violation of probation is NOT a crime, therefore it's not a felony OR a misdemeanor.

The underlying activities that CAUSED the violation may or may not be a crime, but the violation itself isn't.

excon
    patsmears Posts: 1, Reputation: -1

Jul 13, 2012, 02:48 AM
    This is all wrong. When you violate probation you get your original charges and you also get charged with "violating probation" I can't remember if it's a felony which is why I came here. These other two are wrong, be careful.
    myraclegirl1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2012, 09:34 AM
    Do you know if it shows as a new felony on your record or not if you violate your probation of an original felony charge?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 27, 2012, 09:38 AM
    Hello my:

A violation is NOT a crime. It won't change your record at all.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation felony violation-what will happen? [ 15 Answers ]

I have a godson whose mother is a convicted felon for forgery/writing checks, and is on felony probation, she was recently arrested, they had a bench warrant out for her arrest. She went to court, plead guilty, and went to court this morning to see what the charges were, they consisted of: usage of...

Felony probation violation [ 6 Answers ]

I am currently on felony probation and recently was stopper for driving without a drivers licensce... can anyone tell me if and how bad a violation that is?. please help!. I have court for the traffic violation on wed!!

Can I fly with a felony probation violation [ 7 Answers ]

Can you fly from one state to another on a felony probation violation?

Felony probation violation [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is on felony probation he violated for the first time and they let him post bail he hired an attorney.. may he get off without prison time by any chance

Felony probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

HI my boyfriend is incarcerated on two charges but when he went to court today the DA refused to prosecute however instead of being released he has a court date set for tomorrow for felony probation violation what I don't understand is how they can violate him if the charges he was incarcerated for...

View more questions Search