Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rg61fc Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Mar 9, 2009, 03:27 PM
    BPD Sufferers
    Wanted to here from people who have been diagnosed with BPD. Can you tell me about your symptoms. I have a feeling I am and I would like to compare symptoms. Thanks for your help!
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 04:44 AM

Symptom Checker | LIVESTRONG.COM

I ask you to try this site and make up your mind how to proceed.

Edit:I need to add,self diagnosing or comparing symptoms is not a good way to find out if you have bi-polar disorder,only a professional can diagnose an illness such as this.

If I said I have depression and manic fits,would that say I have bi-polar?

It might be best if you feel you might be suffering,to seek professional assistance.
    starlite1 Posts: 753, Reputation: 58

Mar 10, 2009, 06:10 AM

Hi Rg,

If you don't mind, provide us with some detail so we can assist you.

Thanks, Starlite

Mar 10, 2009, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by starlite1 View Post
    Hi Rg,

If you don't mind, provide us with some detail so we can assist you.

Thanks, Starlite
    I go through endless cycles, I will be happy and energetic, then super irratable and grumpy, then I blow up and go completely nuts with rage, then a deep, dark deppression sets in, and then it all starts again!! This can happen over months or I can cycle in just a few days, sometimes it even happens all in one day! While I am in the moment I cannot see this, I only feel the emotions that are present but when I come out of a cycle I see the pattern and so does my wife. Does this sound familer to anyone?? Any ideas, I cannot afford to go see a doctor now. I also do risky things like shop lift from work, just anything to give me a thrill because I feel bored inside. My wife says I see things in black and white, she says there is no gray area with me. I've been on tons of anti-depressants and anti anxiety drugs and nothing helps, some made me completely nuts!! I cannot keep friends and my relationship with my wife is either great in my head or horrible.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rg61fc View Post
    I go through endless cycles, I will be happy and energetic, then super irratable and grumpy, then I blow up and go completely nuts with rage, then a deep, dark deppression sets in, and then it all starts again!!! This can happen over months or I can cycle in just a few days, sometimes it even happens all in one day! While I am in the moment I cannot see this, I only feel the emotions that are present but when I come out of a cycle I see the pattern and so does my wife. Does this sound familer to anyone??? Any ideas, I cannot afford to go see a doctor now. I also do risky things like shop lift from work, just anything to give me a thrill because I feel bored inside. My wife says I see things in black and white, she says there is no gray area with me. I've been on tons of anti-depressants and anti anxiety drugs and nothing helps, some made me completely nuts!!! I cannot keep friends and my relationship with my wife is either great in my head or horrible.
    Yes,this sounds all too familiar.

Where are you located?And age would help some too.

Mar 10, 2009, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Yes,this sounds all too familiar.

Where are you located?And age would help some too.
    I am in central ca and I am 31
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 03:40 PM

The reason I asked local was so I can search for free or reduced cost care, all areas have some kind of reduced treatments for people suffering.

Age also can play a factor,but I am not sure to what extent.

I was diagnosed when I was 30 so that much we have in common.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Is your wife asking you to go for help,or is this something you see the need for?

My marriage fell to pieces while I went untreated with BPD,I left thinking SHE was the problem.

It didn't take long before I found the truth.

If you want I can Google search some sites for you but I will need your city or general locality to do a proper search.

Edit:Here are a few to look into for help.

http://www.dmh.cahwnet.gov/MH_Resources.asp

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkmN57b...5/-1/frontpage

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkmN57b...rg/mental.html

The first one seems to be a good listing on a start up of finding help.

Mar 10, 2009, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Is your wife asking you to go for help,or is this something you see the need for?

My marriage fell to pieces while I went untreated with BPD,I left thinking SHE was the problem.

It didn't take long before I found the truth.

If you want I can Google search some sites for you but I will need your city or general locality to do a proper search.

Edit:Here are a few to look into for help.

State of Califorrnia - Mental Health Resources and Organizations

Nurse.com - Program Teaches RNs to Respond to Mental Illness

PlaneTree Health Library - Mental Health and Behavior

The first one seems to be a good listing on a start up of finding help.
    I am looking into my insurance situation now so finding help is in the works. I am on my second marriage now, my current wife is great! She is the one who showed me my cycles and she is very supportive. The rage is what is scary, sometimes I feel completely out of control and it scares me afterwards. I rage and then I spend day or even weeks cleaning up the mess!
    Spirit1966 Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Mar 10, 2009, 07:39 PM
    I have been diagnosed as having both depression and anxiety attacks. Always in cycles. In fact when I am happy I get sad knowing what is to follow. I still go into rage over stupid things but I realize it's not the real me. Often I am embarrassed by my actions. Meds never worked for me. They either made me sleepy or upset my stomach or nothing at all. Therapy actually helped me deal with it. A therapist could assist you in the right direction. Doctors tend to prescribe different medications till they come across something that makes a difference not always relief. However what works for me might not work for you. I knew a lady on Paxel that went from night to day on the stuff. It was unbelievable.The shop lifting might be a cry for help subconsciously. When I was a teenager I used to cut my face with a razer. I'm not trying to give you a diagnoses, just letting you know your not alone
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

Mar 10, 2009, 08:22 PM

You have many classic symptoms of BPD. Most communities have sliding scale or free mental health clinics staffed with a wide range of professionals to help.
    ashey23ole Posts: 69, Reputation: 5

Mar 17, 2009, 07:56 PM

I believe I have rapid mood swings as well. Its very hard to cope when your constantly changing. Yesterday I was happy and now I'm depressed. Ive come to accept it will happen. I was taking Lamictal at one point and it seemed to help, so I stopped taking it. Bad idea. See a professional for suggestions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for partners of e.d sufferers for support [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend is 32 and we've been together for a year and almost 3 months. In 3 weeks, we will have gone a full year without having sex. He told me he thought he had a problem from the beginning and started seeing a therapist occasionally. But here we are and he's still hardly affectionate to...

Hangover sufferers beware! Don't take Tylenol after drinking! [ 3 Answers ]

Alcohol metabolism activates an enzyme that transforms acetamenophen into chemical compounds that cause liver damage. If you are a chronic drinker, use of over the counter pain relievers and fever reducers is likely to cause liver damage severe enough to require a liver transplant--not a risk worth...

View more questions Search