Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonman59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2006, 11:21 AM
    1997 jeep wrangler stalls, will not start
    I have a 1997 jeep wrangler. A few days ago I was waiting at a stop sign and when I went to pull out my Jeep stalled then completely quit. I assumed it was a fuel pump and replaced the fuel pump module (ouch!). I drove the jeep for 15-20 minutes trying out the new repair and the Jeep died again as I began to slow down for an intersection. I did some reading and found most of the stall problems were being caused by a faulty crankshaft position sensor. I replaced that and did a road test again. 15-20 minutes into the road test same thing happens; warm up, drive for 15-20 minutes, slow down to turn or stop and the Jeep stalls and will not start for several hours. What do you guys think? My wife is giving me grief over the cost of the parts.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2006, 07:31 PM
    Pull your igniter and take it to Autozone, where they can test it for free. When your igniter gets hot, it could be breaking down.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1995 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L - overcharging [ 2 Answers ]

For several months my charging gauge read at or near the red-line. Over the past week it is almost pegged-out if no lights or heat is on (when lights and heat is on it drops to 16-17, but still in the red). I replaced the battery and altenator but the problem still persists. All other guages appear...

1995 Jeep Wrangler RPM and Oil Problem [ 1 Answers ]

I was trying to drive to work this morning and my Jeep starting doing this whole acceleration/deceleration thing and started backfiring on the deceleration part. While this was happening my oil pressure would fluctuate from 0 to half on the pressure gauge (don't rmember the exact psi). When I...

1995 Jeep Wrangler Second Opinion [ 2 Answers ]

Ok... so I'm going down the Interstate, and I hear a clickty sound like a playing card in bicycle spokes. As I pull over to the side I notcie that she's running rough amd I lose all oil pressure. After checking the oil level and looking for leaks I give'er a crank just to see what'll happen, and...

View more questions Search