Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jamez Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2006, 03:33 AM
    To wait or not to wait
    Would you rather date around while waiting for the perfect person to show up, or not date at all until you meet the perfect person?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2006, 03:34 AM
    From experience :-

Don't search for your perfect partner, because if you do it will never happen, when you stop searching the right person will appear.

So go out there and have fun...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 27, 2006, 05:04 AM
    If you don't date around how are you going to find the perfect person?

Ya got to break some eggs to make an omlet :p
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 27, 2006, 06:36 AM
    Get out and have fun and find out about yourself and then you'll know when the perfect person shows up. You don't think he's going to ring your door bell do you? In my view that is a little unrealistic.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Aug 27, 2006, 06:58 AM
    Mathematicallly is stands to reason that the more you mix it up with people, the more likely you are to find a match -- so whatever method you want to use, dating, hanging out with friends, church, hobbies, classes, etc -- is all good! The point is to use this mixing-it-up time to practice and hone your social skills because, trust me, when you find your match, you will need them!

(okay, cue the "Caberet" song now LOL :p )
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 27, 2006, 08:24 AM
    I think it's better to date for a while before deciding to settle down. I think it's a good idea to get to know people. It can take some time before you realize this might be someone you want to share your life with. I agree that no one is perfect, so I think I would give up on finding the "perfect" person. Everyone will bother you in some way or another.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 27, 2006, 06:56 PM
    Yeah, even my perfect wife drives me nutsy bozo sometimes and I know as perfect as I am she would rather be somewhere else.

Aug 27, 2006, 07:06 PM
    Nutsy bozo, huh... LOL, I am like immediately stealing that term!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2006, 07:43 PM
    How can you find your perfect partner if you do not date? That sounds kind of odd to me.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 27, 2006, 11:43 PM
    Jamez agrees: I completely understand what you mean, but sometimes I'm just really sick of relationships and just want to focus on other things in my life such as work. But then I'm also afraid that I just give up, I will grow old alone.....

I was like you before I met my hubby. I meet him when I was 19, fairly young but I was out and about from the age of 16.
    Focus on your life and future more then anything, but when you go out, go out with no intention of searching for your girl, go out with mates and enjoy it, go with the flow.

How old are you?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2006, 06:58 PM
    Definitely date around. Also realize that there's no such thing as the "perfect person."

Aug 28, 2006, 07:06 PM
    At the ripe old age of 33, after a lifetime of immense personal failure from being so incredibly messed up and three years working with the professionals (hard work, expensive too) I finally reconciled myself to a life alone. It was okay with me-- I was loved and appreciated by some great friends, I finally had a life and I had me, I had terrific work, health and wealth, well enough to do what I wanted let's say, so it was finally okay that I was estranged from my family AND more so it was all right too that I might not find a mate. I was happy, really happy.

Then I met the man I love, trust and respect and I very nearly passed him up. We've been together now for almost 18 years. My take on love is... you never know!
    YeloDasy Posts: 363, Reputation: 81

Aug 30, 2006, 10:52 PM
    Well, the question is "would you rather...?" Well, I would rather wait until he rings my doorbell! Haha BUt that will never happen! And I don't think you have to be in relationships and date random people constantly... I think it is the same as getting hobbies, meeting new people, people who have the same interests as you... being social... that's okay too... just be open to going on dates also... but don't waste a lot of time in relationships with people who you know won't work out so you can be open for the one that will be meant for you... just be open to dating different people... but if yo umeet them through your hobbies, you will be more into dating... you will be more motivated and interested... good luck, and have fun!
    Starlina Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2006, 01:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamez
    Would you rather date around while waiting for the perfect person to show up, or not date at all until you meet the perfect person?
    In my opinion, honestly... dating does not really help you find the perfect person... it could, but with serious possible intentions arising with a title that is not intended to be serious will hurt one person of either parties involved... true love arises naturally... so to answer your question... don't "date" just have fun... because if your destiny was never meant to have "the one" then it just wasn't, and you can't really do anything about that either as well...
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2006, 09:12 AM
    I would not seclude yourself from dating people. Dating is really a good way for both people involved to get to know each other. If you are not dating, and you think you found the perfect person for you, how do you know if that person feels the same way about you. Dating does not have to be intimate - just go out and enjoy your dates company - see if sparks fly - if so, great - if not, move on.
    compaņera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 11:11 PM
    Every person you meet everyday is special but nobody is perfect. Accepting anyone from them makes them perfect for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How long do I wait? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I was dating a girl for about 4 months. We knew each other from work. She had told me that she had a crush on me from the first day she met me. We are both 27. About 3 1/2 weeks ago she told me that she still cares a lot about me but she just can't do this right now. I excepted her...

FHA loan / CH 7 BK / Wait 2 years? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all! My family and I want to get into our first house when our current lease is up (Feb-07). We went through a CH 7 bankruptcy and it was discharged 4/8/05. Everything I've seen says you have to wait 2-years before you would qualify for an FHA loan. Are there ever any exceptions to that...

How long did you wait? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all! My divorce was only final a year ago, but I was separated for 3 years before that... just out of curiosity.. if any of you have remarried, how long did you wait? Im considering getting married again, and I do uderstand that the time in between is different for everyone, Im just curious. Ive...

How long should we wait? [ 2 Answers ]

OK here goes... me and my boyfriend have one child already but he is from my previous rship so he's mine but not his... he has been wanting one very badly.. we are planning to get married soon(within the next few months).. been together for a year and a half.. my son is turning a year old in...

Wait or move on [ 6 Answers ]

Dear experts, This guy and I have been seeing each other for 6 months and as with any relationship, we had a few bits of drama, but never to the point of separation. However, on Friday night, I called him and he was crying because his ex girlfriend had belittled him severely in front of a...

View more questions Search