Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mariethe1st Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2006, 10:30 AM
    I am believer as well and it is sad when things like this happen especially to children. I think of the song that goes, " this is what it means, to be held, how it feels, when the sacred is torn from your life, and you survive..."

All I know is He has a plan and it is not often revealed to us on earth. We are meant to lean on Him and only Him. I know when I struggle I lean on Him most... I think this is one of the reasons things happen. He wants to know who we put our trust in.

Like Job, Paul, and others, do we praise Him in ALL that we do, even if we are in prison or our family is no longer with us on earth?

Your Sister in Christ.

"I am in this world but not of this world."
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Oct 29, 2006, 02:59 PM
    I would just like to add...

It has been reaffirmed to me (once again) that in order to have the good you must have the bad. I can understand this and I hope to see the plan in it's entirety one day. I like to tell myself that this won't look so bad once we are through it.

A friend once told me that easy is easy and hard is worth it! I like it.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Oct 29, 2006, 03:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aqua@home
    I would just like to add....

It has been reaffirmed to me (once again) that in order to have the good you must have the bad. I can understand this and I hope to see the plan in it's entirety one day. I like to tell myself that this won't look so bad once we are through it.

A friend once told me that easy is easy and hard is worth it! I like it.
    I like that sentiment too!

Also some (not all, mind you!) but some of my worst bad has turned out to be for real good reasons I saw later or it was the necessary step to get somewhere I wanted to go to and I only saw that in hindsight. So I like to apply a lot of "we'll see" to bad stuff too.

Oct 29, 2006, 03:22 PM
    Yes, this is true too. I think the main key is patience. We have to have faith that all things will work out in the end, we just have to be patient and edure until the end.

Oct 29, 2006, 09:08 PM
    Val... I am always having to spread the love with you. Thanks... that is a great quote.
    hadi88 Posts: 59, Reputation: 5

Dec 18, 2006, 11:06 AM
    I agree with all of u pretty much.

I think God put us on these or any kind of situations just to test us how much faith do we have on him, so those who have more faith and patience and accept every thing as God given may be are in God favorites list.

I personally think that life is like a exam, those who study hard will get through it easily and those who don't will spend their lives with one an other problem on their way long.

I think we as human beings seeks God's help when we are in trouble and when our problem is solved we move on and some of us may forget Him, unless hit by an other problem.

Just personal thoughts don't have to agree.
    8Powell8 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 12:19 PM
    God does not send "good" things and "bad" things as punishment or rewards. It is unfortunate that your child must experience this illness but at a higher source, it is something in a very consciously way that being has decided. It is also about what you as his mother/father is to learn from this experience and how this will make you stronger and grow your spirit in ways never before.

Nobody said it is going to be easy or it is "fair" for either of you, but it is the way it is, and it is up to you what label you are going to put on the situation. I see this as a great opportunity for your soul to expand, to increase your patience and love, and to show your commitment to love. After all, all you can do about the situation is be love to your child and love the situation you are in. No judgments, no whys?

Nothing is good or bad and things happen for a reason. This may seem "cold" or whatever, but really think about a bigger picture. If all life is is experience, this is a great experience for your soul.

~peace~
    freedum Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 07:37 PM
    I was looking on the internet for some information on my son's illness. One thing led to another and I ended up looking at pictures of kids with the genetic disorder that two of my boys were born with. Anyhow, a lot of children die because of this, not to mention so many other problems and abuse. This brings me to my question:

Why does God (I am a believer) allow this sort of thing to happen? Children are innocent, why would He allow them to go through so much? Why are the innocent hurt? I don't believe He lets it happen but maybe He just doesn't interfere. Which brings me to the second part of my question. How does He decide when to step in or does He? I believe in miracles so I'm sure He does intervene, but why and when?

Does anyone have any thoughts on these questions?

Thank you for anything you are willing to share.
    Sometimes a person is placed in our lives so that we may learn who is in control. When I look around and see people that may not have as much as I do or someone who may be ill. I thank God that it is not me. You just never know who God is working through... sometimes it is a test to see have you forgotten. Be blessed and keep the faith. Don't question God. ALWAYS remember God would never put more on us than we can bare. I am sure you have strong children. Take care. Prayer is the Key, Faith unlock the door. God Bless You and Your Family.
    jdselby1024 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Feb 21, 2007, 02:49 PM
    I found myself asking the same thing after I lost a child due to a misscarriage thet my wife had when she was 5 months along. I blamed God, asked why oh why would you do this to us? I have never gotten an answer, only in time some comfort when I was down and thinking about what might have been. I did find a book one time it's called " Where is god when it hurts?". I don't know if it will help you as it did me. I will pray for the comfort you need.
    Beachgrl Posts: 34, Reputation: 8

Apr 20, 2007, 01:38 AM
    I believe that everything happens for a reason. When children are sick I believe it is because that sickness will make them have certain experiences and will teach them what it is they need to learn in this life. I beieve in reincarnation and how we are supposed to learn a specific something in each life and what we go through helps us to learn that special something. It's just that whatever your children have to learn in this life, their illness is the best way to teach them that.
    douglassolomons Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 02:33 AM
    Hi there Aqua.
    Where should I start.. . I'm a Christian and belief evere word, frase and sylable in the Bible.
    Every child of God must be chastised. Only illegetemate children cannot take chastisement.
    When your child is ill, you as a mother will know what to give your child. Sometimes bitter medicine is needed. How much more God.. . He knew up from before the foundation of the world. Sometimes our parents, grandparents, great grandparents etc, are the cause of our suffering/blessing today.
    If you look at Abraham. God promised him that he will have a son by his wife Sarah. Sarah being old and dried up staggered at the promise, in fact she laughed within herself when God made the promise to her, in so much so that she have her handmaid Hagar unto Abraham. The result was Ishmael. See God never told Abraham when he would receive the promised son Isaac.
    God told Noah to preach that it would rain, but God didn't tell him when it would rain. "God is not a man that He should seek counsel from us"
    In the beginning.. . Even before there was a star in the sky we were in His mind. God then created the angels first, however they knew only to prostrate themselves before God and Worship Him. BUT God wanted Worship that were out of choice. He had all those attributes in Him;
    To be a Saviour/Redeemer (but no one was lost)
    To be a Healer (but no one was sick)
    To be a Father, etc.
    What am I saying to you Aqua?
    You see. I belief that a trial or temptation is conformation that the Grace of God is with you.
    A lot of people are afraid of death.. . Death is just a doorway to another dimension.
    For them that are obedient to the full Word of God, they are the sons and daughters of God. Prayers of Saints availeth much. Keep projecting love and remain obedient to God. Satan will come and want you to doubt God's Word. That's what happened to Eve; she doubted.
    The Lord Jesus Christ already died on the Cross. He has (part tense) already paid the price. Just belief and take God at His Word.
    Albert B Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 09:30 AM
    I wish that we all had the answers to these important questions. I believe that we are given obstacles and hardships that we are to overcome. Once we accomplish that we do grow tremendously. Our hardest times are often the most beneficial to us in the long term. I think in your situation God created these two children so that you can learn to love them and learn what compassion really is. Also, these children will love you unconditionally and it does not matter what their appearance or disorder is. It just matters that they love you and you love them

Albert
    SnaveLeber Posts: 103, Reputation: 5
    -

May 2, 2007, 09:32 PM
    "To be absent of the body is to be present with the Lord"
    Why would your mourn your child, or any child, not suffering anymore?
    ritac Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2007, 02:34 PM
    If the world were a perfect place people would have nothing to look forward to. God gave you the gift of your children for a reason. We may not know or understand why some things are as they are , but he does , and one day you will to. Trust God and he will get you through it. Remember you have to go through to get to. God has a purpose and a will and no matter what it will be the way he wants it it to be. It seems as Christians we are always on the brunt of problems but that's OK Because God will provide for us as long as we believe and trust him to his word.
    He will neither leave us or forsake us.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2007, 09:42 AM
    Hi Aqua at home,
    Sorry to hear about your children's health, but I hope the Almighty grants you courage and patience to give them the love and care you wish to give them.

I am a firm believer in Islam!

Quran chapter 99 verse 7-8
    "So whosoever does good equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant), shall see it.
    And whosoever does evil equal to the weight of an atom (or a small ant), shall see it."

And I believe the good things and the bad that happens to us in this world is a test and we may not see the results of our work in this worldly life,but I believe we will be recompensed in full in the Hereafter.

Quran chapter 6 verse 152
    "And come not near to the orphan's property, except to improve it, until he (or she) attains the age of full strength; and give full measure and full weight with justice. We burden not any person, but that which he can bear. And whenever you give your word (i.e. judge between men or give evidence, etc.), say the truth even if a near relative is concerned, and fulfill the Covenant of Allâh, This He commands you, that you may remember."

As I have highlighted in the above verse
    I believe the Almighty burdens not a person beyond which he can bear.So I believe those strong enough to bear some burdens are entrusted with difficult tasks.
    Some people have such easy lives with little care for others but those who do care surely suffer more for the caring hearts they have.
    Toms777 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4
    -

Aug 10, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SnaveLeber
    "To be absent of the body is to be present with the Lord"
    Why would your mourn your child, or any child, not suffering anymore?

Have you considered that he loved his child and mises him? That is human. Entirely human. I still weep for my parrot who died three and a half years ago. How much more should we weep for a child of our loins and heart?

Tom
    dog_skyhigh Posts: 13, Reputation: 4

Aug 22, 2007, 03:51 PM
    I was looking on the internet for some information on my son's illness. One thing led to another and I ended up looking at pictures of kids with the genetic disorder that two of my boys were born with. Anyhow, a lot of children die because of this, not to mention so many other problems and abuse. This brings me to my question:

Why does God (I am a believer) allow this sort of thing to happen? Children are innocent, why would He allow them to go through so much? Why are the innocent hurt? I don't believe He lets it happen but maybe He just doesn't interfere. Which brings me to the second part of my question. How does He decide when to step in or does He? I believe in miracles so I'm sure He does intervene, but why and when?

Why does God allow human suffering? Because of Adam and Eve's rebellion against God, they became the representatives of the human race that continually sin against the God of the universe. Before the flood the Lord said, "The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become" (Gen. 6.5, NIV). Before the desrtuction of Sodom and Gomorrah the Lord said, "The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me" (Gen. 18.20). The Lord said through Isaiah the prophet, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, " declares the Lord" (Isa. 55.8-9). Finally, Jesus was recorded saying to the question: "Who then can be saved?" Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God" (Lk. 18.26-27). Jesus also said, "No one is good--execpt God alone" (Lk. 18.19). God's perspective is far superior to that of us humans. There were people of every age and condition before the flood, and in the eyes of a Holy God "No one is good". Therefore, it is impossible for anyone to be saved on their own power. These should be sobering thoughts as we think about the question "Why does God allow human suffering?"
    deist Posts: 225, Reputation: 7

Sep 9, 2007, 05:19 PM

I'm a deist, & I don't believe that God does intervene in our lives. He lets things develop naturally. I don't believe suffering & death are the result of man's sin, they are just part of life.
    PaulEdwardson Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 09:54 AM

I'd suggest this excellent book - Where Is God When It Hurts? By Philip Yancey; it's a tremendous book as the author struggles very honestly with this question. It doesn't have all the answers to this difficult question (who does) but it does contain many profound insights.
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Sep 21, 2007, 09:04 AM
    I don't think any of this is about God... it's about LIFE! If you have issues with it then it is life you have to take it up with. Some people put it off on God, some put it off on life. The real question here is:

WHICH ONE DO YOU BELIEVE TO BE MORE VIABLE?

A: GOD, the maker of the universe who can't/won't control
    The course of an amoeba let alone a single human life?
    B: LIFE! That which is the source and motivation for all organisms.

One is flawed, one is not. So tell me... which do you think is flawed? And why?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a question regarding skin. Question is on skin... [ 1 Answers ]

whenever I get hit or scratched, or bitten to hard, that area of my skin where is occurred gets red and then I get a white raised bump ( of skin) in the senter or along the redness. It goes away in minutes but still highly unattractive. What can I do to prevent this?? Sum 1 email me help....

View more questions Search