Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bing12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 08:26 PM
    Up tp how many times can female St Bernards be pregnant and give birth?
    We have a 2 and 8 months old St bernard who's given birth three times already. How many times can she still get pregnant and give birth that is not dangerous to her health?
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 09:08 PM

EVERY time she gets pregnant it is dangerous to her health. If you want what's best for your dog, you will stop mating her and have her spayed.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 04:33 AM
    If you don't already have enough knowledge of breeding then you shouldn't be doing it. Like Akoue said, there is a risk every time and it becomes higher the more you breed from the same dog.
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Mar 9, 2009, 07:36 PM

PLEASE stop this madness! It is not responsible to have already bred your dog three times at that age. She needs a safe, loving home with responsible owners. She should be fixed and given that, after all, hasn't she already done enough for you?
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

Mar 9, 2009, 08:16 PM
    Every pregnancy exacts a terrible toll on the health and life of the dog. A female dog comes into heat twice a year making it possible to have 2 litters a year, but it is unwise and very unhealthy and unsafe for the dog to be put through such intense stress.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 08:24 PM

What you are doing is irresponsible and just down right mean.

If you had any care for your dog you would not put her through this.

Stop.
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Mar 10, 2009, 07:05 PM

She has been pregnant three times too many already. Can you account for where EVERY single pup is from those litters at this very second?
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Mar 10, 2009, 07:44 PM

If your dog has had that many litters in that short of a period then you have no business breeding. If you took the time, effort, and money to become a reputable breeder it would be different, but as it is you are irresponsible and abusive through your ignorance. The term for you is a Backyard Breeder, and that's no compliment.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 07:49 PM

Why haven't you had your dog spayed by now? This is lunacy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When will my cat give birth [ 2 Answers ]

My cat is 64 days today and this morning she wanted a lot of attention but now all she does is sleep and I don't see the kittens move as much as they use to, what does this mean?

St bernards eyes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi probably a silly question.ive been offered 2 year old saint bernard dog for the fraction of the price you would normanly pay,the owner is moving and can't take the dog with them.the question is the dogs eyes are different colours and when I ask for a look at the papers off the owner he says...

Do they do another sonogram before you give birth [ 26 Answers ]

I was wondering, are you suppose to have another ultrasound before the baby is due so you can know the weight and all on the baby? I know there's the 20 week ultrasound which I had done, but there should be another one right?

Signs cat will give birth soon? [ 1 Answers ]

We took our Female cat to the vet and he said the she had 2-3 weeks until she'd give birth. Monday is Three weeks. I have never had a cat give birth. What signs do I need to look for? How will I know she is close to giving birth?? Maile

View more questions Search