Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjppjjpp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 07:05 PM
    18 can your mom kick you out if you contribute to the household?
    18 years old, can your mom kick you out if you contribute to the household, just because she gets pissed off?:confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2009, 07:22 PM

Well she can not just start throwing your stuff out the door ( well not legally, although I see it done alot) She will have to give you proper notice and then if you don't move evict you though the court.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 06:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arnimal7 View Post
    Is that true Fr Chuck? That's an interesting question.
    Hello arn:

It IS true, and I'm not the Padre.

In MOST instances, the cops will only "remove" somebody if it's clear that they're a trespasser. If there's a CHANCE that the person ISN'T a trespasser, the cops won't get involved.

Someone who has been clearly LIVING in a residence ISN'T a trespasser.

We get those kind of questions all the time here.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Is that true Fr Chuck? If there is no contract and she is not paying rent, I would think that her Mother can tell her to go after all she is 18 a legal adult, and it is her Mother's house. Then again I don't know either. That's an interesting question.

Yes. Those of us on the legal board take pride in the correctness of our answers. If FrChuck posted it, yes, it's true.

The "child" has to be evicted according to the laws of the State.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2009, 07:27 AM
    Is that true Fr Chuck? If there is no contract and she is not paying rent, I would think that her Mother can tell her to go after all she is 18 a legal adult, and it is her Mother's house. Then again I don't know either. That's an interesting question.
    The Mom can certainly tell her to go. But she can't throw them out. As long as a person establishes residency, which is usually done by getting mail at the address, having ID listing the address, paying rent etc. then they can't legally be thrown out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you think you can constructively contribute to company? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you think you can constructively contribute to company?

Employer didn't contribute FICA taxes [ 7 Answers ]

I work at a state college. When I was a student employee the college was not obligated to pay any FICA taxes. After I graduated I started working at the college as a full-time employee. Two years later the college admitted that there was a bug in their payroll system and that they had not been...

Can I contribute to Roth IRA? [ 2 Answers ]

I was thinking of opening a ROTH IRA, but was confused about the income requirements for contributing to ROTH IRA. I got married last year (2007). Both me and my spouse are on F1 VISA status (since Aug 2003). I had to file my 2007 tax return as a non resident alien and hence as "Married filing...

Can married F1 students contribute to ROTH IRA? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student in US. I am filing the 1040NR-EZ form currently and accordign to the instructions for alien students, my filing status is "single" although I have been married for four years. I wonder whether I can contribute to ROTH IRA before I become a resident alien. My...

Can I contribute Roth IRA as married F-1? [ 4 Answers ]

I enter US in Dec 2001 as a F-1 student. My F-1 status keeps unchanged till now and I married to a resident alien in 2004. We filed federal tax jointly for 2004 & 2005. I choosed to be treated as resident alien in federal tax. I contributed $4000 in my individual account for 2005 Roth IRA. I heard...

View more questions Search