Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawnie214 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 06:16 PM
    I was adopted by step dad. I know my biological fathers name but can not find him
    I guess I am the result of a fling my mom had with a guy in the Air Force in Washington State in 1964. When my mom went on public assistance and they looked up my dad I guess he went to court to argue that he was not the father. Her new husband officially adopted me in 1965. I don't know if my biological fathers name was ever listed on the birth certificate. Anyhow I want to find out my family medical history, DNA etc, satisfy curiousity and I am 44yrs now. I know his name and I have searched and searched but I am not having any luck finding him. Have any suggestions on how to find him? His name is Frederick Dufour he would be in his 60's now I am guessing, and he would have been in Washington State in the air force at Madigan during spring/summer 1964. (I was born February 1965)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2009, 06:40 PM

You may try some of the searches here, A couple seem to be close.

FREDERICK DUFOUR in ZabaSearch People Search Engine=
    dawnie214 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    You may try some of the searches here, A couple seem to be close.

FREDERICK DUFOUR in ZabaSearch People Search Engine=

Thanks for the link but I have done these types of searches and ended up with lots of dead ends. :( Thanks anyhow.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 8, 2009, 07:26 PM

So you have used ZABA before ? It is a lot different than the Yahoo or white papers adds, it finds some peoples unlisted numbers and more. And it links to a good paid site for searches if they don't find anything.

I know at least 2 of the people on that list, were close to the right ages.

And of course remember if you merely call the person, they may just lie and say it is not them, They may have no desire to meet you or to let their new families know you even exist.
    AlpineAnnie Posts: 77, Reputation: 13

Mar 9, 2009, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    So you have used ZABA before ? it is alot different than the yahoo or white papers adds, it finds some peoples unlisted numbers and more. And it links to a good paid site for searches if they don't find anything.

I know at least 2 of the people on that list, were close to the right ages.

And of course remember if you merely call the person, they may just lie and say it is not them, They may have no desire to meet you or to let thier new families know you even exist.
    I agree with Fr_Chuck. Zaba is great. Another place is pipl.com. I use these two all the time to help people locate lost friends/relatives, etc. and rarely does it fail me. You will have to take the time and the effort to narrow them down and call. You can begin by saying that you're looking for someone with his name that was an Army vet and narrow it even further before saying who you are. Otherwise it just sounds as if you are hoping to get lucky and someone on here remembers him. That's unlikely. Again - try Zaba and Pipl

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son wants to be adopted by step-father [ 3 Answers ]

My 17yr-old son wants my husband, his step-father, to adopt him. His biological father has never wanted anything to do with him and still doesn't claim that my son is his. Bio-Father pays child support but doesn't want ANYTHING to do with my son. I contact bio-fathers family so he can call me to...

Taking custody of adopted biological child [ 1 Answers ]

Almost 2 years ago my children were legally adopted by their paternal grandparents. Now the grandparents do not want the children and say they are relinquishing their rights to dhs. In the past year I have been to rehab and to jail. I have straightened my act up now. Do I have any chance of...

Can a child be adopted without bioloical fathers consent [ 4 Answers ]

I have been married to my husband for 6 years.he has been father to my two children aged 16 and 13 for this time.My ex husband has not paid a penny towards my children for 7 years and as we now live in spain he only sees the children maybe once or twice a year when I take them back to england for a...

Biological fathers rights [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the state of California and 13 years ago I had a baby and had unknown for the fathers name until I decided to get married. Although the man I married wasn't the biological father I called and got his name added where the father's name goes. I was married to him for 5 years and divorced...

Step fathers [ 3 Answers ]

My ex wants the her partner to adopt my kids can he do this

View more questions Search