Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamster69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 02:32 PM
    Joint custody relocation
    In CA, if parents have joint custody, can one parent move the child(ern) out of the country without permission of the other parent?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2006, 07:32 AM
    Hello pamster:

No.

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2006, 10:07 AM
    No way! And it's not very likely that the court would grant permission if one of the parents objects.
    kmc300 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2007, 10:51 AM
    I tried and the judge told me no in court. And I live in cali.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint custody/Child support [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I live in CA and have been with my boyfriend for 3 years. His divorce was finalized 8/26/04 and his ex remarried 2 days later. Throughout all the court battles for custody, schooling, and child support he had to pay her $600 a month for alimony (they were only married 6 years) and...

Joint custody [ 6 Answers ]

If parents are in high conflict and haven't spoken to each other since the mother was 4 or 5 months pregnant and the child is now 6 weeks old, will that keep the father from getting joint custody? The father refuses to talk with her and has a restraining order on her because she is verbally...

Joint custody costs [ 3 Answers ]

I am recently divorced. We have a 14 yr old daughter that wanted to go to the mall one Friday afternoon that they had a day off school. She comes to my house every weekend and on wednesdays. We have joint custody. She called me and asked if her and her 2 friends could go. When they had their...

F1+CPT+ Relocation expenses [ 1 Answers ]

HI Atlanta Tax Expert! I am a student (Indian nationality) on F1( less the 2 years) and I am going to wrk on CPT in San Diego from July till Dec and thereafter either on h1 or on OPT. I was wondering what will be the tax rate applicable to my relocation allowance? Also, what net tax rate...

View more questions Search