Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pdaher Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 11:32 AM
    Foreclosure and property taxes
    I now owe $36,000 more on my mortgage than my house is worth and am 2 years behind in my property taxes. If I decide to walk away and forclose, will I have to pay back that $36,000 difference and what about the Michigan property taxes? Will I have to pay those too or does HUD absorb them? Can I restructure my arm mortgage to a 30 yr fixed rate and will they help me catch up my taxes without refinancing?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2009, 02:20 PM
    UInder the stimulus packages, there may be some protection for you to refinance or walk away. I would contact your local congressman's office for details on what protections you may have.

The rules are changing so you need to check what the current laws are. This site may help further:

http://www.economicstimuluspackagein...FQw9GgodynLQaA
    pdaher Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    UInder the stimulus packages, there may be some protection for you to refinance or walk away. I would contact your local congressman's office for details on what protections you may have.

The rules are changing so you need to check what the current laws are. This site may help further:

Economic Stimulus Package In Detail
    ScottGem,
    Thanks for your advice. I will check out the website you recommended.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If we go through foreclosure on second property, can bank go after our first home? [ 1 Answers ]

We own property which we rent out, the tenants skip their payments so it becomes difficult to keep up with payments for our loan on the property. If we go through foreclosure, can the bank go after our Home where we live in?? Also, if we go through the foreclosure process, what happens with...

Investment Property Foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

We have an investment property that, thanks to the decline of the real estate market, is severely upside down. We do have a tenant in the property, but rent only covers 2/3 of the mortgage. After the lease is up, if we give the house back to the bank, what are the reprocussions? Can they/will...

Foreclosure of a Leased property [ 5 Answers ]

What do you do if you're the tenant in this situation.

View more questions Search