Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2006, 11:42 AM
    Leaking faucet
    2 handle price-pfister kitcken faucet is leaking on hot water side. How does this cartridge remove and can it be repaired with new washers or do I need to replace the cartridge? Thanks
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 26, 2006, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    2 handle price-pfister kitcken faucet is leaking on hot water side. How does this cartridge remove and can it be repaired with new washers or do I need to replace the cartridge? Thanks
    The first thing you're going to hafta do is determine if it's a washer or a cartridge you're attempting to replace. Let me instruct you on how to open it up. First shut the water off to the faucet at the angle stops located in the cabinet. Remove the handle and any cover plate that may be there. You will find a brass nut on the stem. This is the bonnet packing nut. Unscrew it and back the stem assembly out counterclockwise. Cartridge or washer? Let me know. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking shower faucet [ 3 Answers ]

I have a leaking shower faucet and tried to take faucet apart to change the o-ring but was not able to takeout more than a cover for the screw and the screw that was under it. I have not located the ORING CAN any one please help. I have a symmons Temptrol brand.:confused: You need to replace...

Moen Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Tom I found the site and registered but I still need my son to reduce the size of the pictures so I can attach them. He took the photo-editing software off my computer. I'll get back to you shortly. Thanks. Mark Ingham

Faucet seating/leaking problem [ 1 Answers ]

We Have A Glacier Bay Bathroom Faucet That's Been Dripping. A Series 300 That Uses The Small 7/16 Rubber Boot And Spring That Fits In Approp. Hole In Water Supply Then Over The Top Fits A Turnable Water Control. Well, I Have Replaced This Type Before W/o A Problem But This One Leaks After New Ones...

Faucet replacement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a faucet I need to replace. I only have a cold water line to use. The faucet I have has both cold and hot water hook ups. Am I able to use this faucet?

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search