Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1worried1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 12:12 PM
    My wife and I are getting a divorce, do I have rights to my unborn child
    My wife and I are talking about getting a divorce , she said she wants to go back to Australia with my unborn son. I told her she can't do that, that I have rights to him too. She keeps saying I have no rights to him since he is still in her body. Is this true, can I stop her, do I have rights. I am very scared I will come home and she will be gone. What can I do to stop her. Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 8, 2009, 02:12 PM

You need to consult an attorney. You should be able to get an injunction preventing her from leaving the country, even before the child is born.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody Rights to Unborn Child [ 9 Answers ]

Do I automatically have custody rights to my unborn child since I am not married and paternity has not been established? Does the alleged father have legal rights to force prenatal paternity testing? Does agreeing to paternity testing automatically give him custody rights if it is determined that...

My rights to my unborn child [ 11 Answers ]

My girlfriend just left me and she is 5 months pregnant she is saying she is going to leave state I can't let this happen I have to be their when my son is born and I have to be a big part in his life not just a part what can I do to stop her and if I want a dna test can she refuse if so what can...

Unborn child and a divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out I was with child. The problem is I am going to be going through a divorce. I know he does not want the baby, I do. He will give me full custody with no fight. The thing is I would like him to (I am sure he would love this also) sign over prental rights of the child. The question is...

Rights to unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

If a child is born and it is proved to be mine, can I file for custody of the child now or do I have to wait?:confused:

Divorce and unborn child [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently filed for divorce because he can not deal with the legal issues my first husband is putting us through. WE have a child that is due in December but he wants to give up his rights so I won't be in his life, but the catch is that he wants me to sign a consent decree stating that...

View more questions Search