Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jrsg Posts: 560, Reputation: 67

Mar 22, 2009, 01:25 PM

Well, we can have our own fun right here!

Cleaning day sounds awful, but it has to be done...

And about my thumb, it's a good size... or so I've been told ;) ;) ;)
    Haha
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 01:46 PM

It does have to be done, I just don't want to be the one to do it. I'm tired of being the only indian in a house full of chiefs. ;)

So, your thumb is a good size, that's good. ;)

Mar 22, 2009, 02:02 PM

Why is it that the mother/wife is always the default custodian in the house? Where's the husband?

With that said, I don't do nearly as much as I can to help around the house... I'll have to help out more often in my own house
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 02:10 PM

Sadly that's the way it is in many homes. My hubby had a mother that did everything for him, he'd wake up in the morning and breakfast would be on the table, he'd leave the dishes on the table and voilą, they'd magically be cleaned and put away when he next cam into the kitchen. He'd leave his dirty clothes on the floor and voilą, they'd magically clean themselves and fold themselves and be available in his closet and drawers.

His mother set him up to be dependent, but we're working on it. He does help, when I tell him to, but I don't feel like I should have to tell him, it's our house, shouldn't we both work to maintain it?

Sorry, little vent. I'm okay now.

Now, go clean your room young man. ;)

Mar 22, 2009, 02:20 PM

Venting is fine... :)

And my room is ALWAYS clean. Well, maybe not "clean" clean, but clean organized, you know? Yeah, sure, its dusty and I have a dirty glass on my bedside table, and the closet is a mess, haven't vacuumed in months, but it is pretty good for a teenage boy, if you ask me :)

You can't tell me your room was clean when you were a teenager, right? I mean, c'mon, teenage girls are the WORST with clean rooms!
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 02:29 PM

My room went through stages as a teen. There was the "ultra clean eat off the floor stage" and the "clothes everywhere and something rotting under the bed" stage. It all depended on my mood at the time. I miss those days. Sigh. ;)

Mar 22, 2009, 02:47 PM
    Ha, as does everybody... I think I'm in a good place with my room. Clean, but with not too much work. ;)

Well, I've got to go do homework now... Get ready for school and refresh my brain on anything I may have forgotten over the past week. And my cruel English teacher is making the class write a quiz on the FIRST day back!

Nice talking to you Alty, and have fun with your cleaning day!
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 02:50 PM

Bye sweetie, don't be a stranger, okay?
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 02:52 PM

I'm here now, stayed up too late last night. Me and Starbs tried escaping last night but I got tired and gave up.

I'm tired now... It needs to be cleaning day in my house. I have a toddler so things are never straight! He's sleep now so I have a little "mommy" time.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2009, 02:55 PM

George Shrinks, yah...
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2009, 02:57 PM
    I tend to be a clean freak, and my wife not so much lol...

Your right, having a toddler running around it is hard to keep things straight for sure.

Having pizza but the only thing little buddy is eating is all the pineapple first lol... Favorite food...

See you guys later... I was so cranky and frustrated today. I was up until 4 or 5 am and got up at 7...
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikosmom View Post
    I'm here now, stayed up too late last night. Me and Starbs tried escaping last night but I got tired and gave up.

I'm tired now... It needs to be cleaning day in my house. I have a toddler so things are never straight! He's sleep now so I have a little "mommy" time.
    Resistance IS futile... ya know.
    Business Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    I tend to be a clean freak, and my wife not so much lol...

Your right, having a toddler running around it is hard to keep things straight for sure.

Having pizza but the only thing little buddy is eating is all the pineapple first lol... Favorite food...

See you guys later... I was so cranky and frustrated today. I was up til 4 or 5 am and got up at 7.......
    Yeah, me too deputy, I went to bed and woke at 4:30 and then again at 6:30 am... I posted to prove that I was up and awake... :D
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2009, 03:10 PM

Well I can empty out a room pretty quickly. Is it something I said?? :confused::(:eek:
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 22, 2009, 03:18 PM

Everybody left you all by your lonsome Joe? Big fat meanies! Heehee!

I didn't fall asleep until about 5:30 this morn, and I woke up and looked at the clock, and thought... WHAT? It's 3pm! I never sleep straight through like that! Guess I really needed that.

Oh well, it's raining out today. Isn't no need to go outside!. but I missed having Banana Pancakes! ;) At least it's not SNOWING again.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 03:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    M can sneak into my private areas anytime he wants. :D
    Now there's an invitation if I ever heard one ;)
    Pets Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    Now theres an invitation if I ever heard one ;)
    You betcha big boy. :D
    Business Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 03:24 PM

Glad you finally made it M... I have been pretending that you were here... for some support.
    Business Expert

Mar 22, 2009, 03:25 PM
    Looks like they will be shutting down our jail M in a day or so... maybe sooner. Unless of course, we raise the fees and fines... :):)
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 03:26 PM

I'm always on Duty Sheriff , just watching ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Movie that had "Death" brand cigarette's [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone remember this movie? All I can remember was that it was late 80's, early 90's, kind of Pulp Fiction-y Quentin Tarantino style movie. The only scene I remember was the main character who was a female (I think it might have even been Drew Barrymore?) driving some car smoking those Death...

Home electrical "updated" [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter recently purchased a house built in '60. The house was inspected and a few minor discrepancies were found and corrected. The insurer wanted to know if the electrical had been "updated". What does "updated" mean?

Hose bib question "prier" brand [ 5 Answers ]

I've got a leaky hose bib that says PRIER on the body of the bib. I'm guessing PRIER is the name of the company that made it. It is a frost proof bib and it leaks only when it is turned on. It leaks around where the stem (part with the handle on it) screws into the bib body (part that is...

View more questions Search