Ask
    photopol Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2006, 09:45 AM
    My dog is aggressive
    My dog is aggressive towards children, how do I stop him?:confused:
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2006, 04:32 AM
    Depending on the animal here are a few things you can do... you can begin socializing your dog with older children who you know can handle your dog. As time goes on and your dog becomes accustomed to them bring along a younger child with you (and the older child) just get them bolth to socialize with the dog on many occasions and your dog may warm up to children.. or you can take them to obedience training and do it that way. Hope I helped
    JEAGG Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Aug 31, 2006, 12:04 PM
    How aggressive? I honeslty feel that dogs have likes and dislikes , just like people do. It could be the fast and quick moments, loud screaming, or running, that makes your dog respond to children in an aggressive way. There is always a trigger, that promotes aggression. Can you think of any particular incident that made your dog react the way he does now? Maybe just letting him walk at a public place with very few children. Just to let him get familiar with the sounds , and so fourth, but no physical contact, My guess would be that he is unsure of what they are going to do to him. I would take it very slow, and remain very confident while you are out with him. He is going to depend on you, when he is feeling not comfortable. Short exposure with positve results, are the best way to change his mind. Little at a time... GOOD LUCK
    miguelito3218 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2006, 09:30 PM
    Check this website out... great dog training site: http://leerburg.com/dominantdogs.htm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Very Aggressive Dog [ 2 Answers ]

Hello: :confused: On June 2, 2006, I and my wife purchased (Gizmo/He) a German Sheppard from a Dog obedience Training Facility. The dog was trained for protection for another family and after they had the dog for about 2 or 3 months the dog had bitten one of their kid's friends. They return the...

Aggressive daschund [ 4 Answers ]

I recently adopted a 2 year old mini daschund. He is so lovable to me and my family. The problem is he gets very aggressive with strangers. He has even bitten a few of our friends. Does anyone have any ideas how to break him of this behavior.

View more questions Search