Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laurreenn78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 06:35 PM
    I Really Want to Know How I Can Become a Singer!
    hey im Lauren.

i really really wanna know how i (13 years old) can become a singer? its all ive ever wanted too do and it would be amazing to start young (((((((((:

PLEASE ANSWER SOON! (:

thanks so much.

-Lauren

Well do you know how a 13 year old girl can start a singing career?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2009, 03:26 AM
    Hi, Lauren!

I just merged together, changed your font style so that it's more readable, titled and moved your posts that you had placed as a response to someone else's introduction to it's own thread so that it will be recognized as being your own question. This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does.

Now, what kind of singer is it that you're wanting to be, please?

Thanks!
    KellBells17 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 06:30 PM
    I know exactly how you feel! If you're SERIOUS about it, then you have to take the right steps! Get involved in voice lessons! NUMBER 1! Either through school or somewhere else... get involved in as much as you can at school and through community things, whether it's choir, a drama club, or a musical theater group in town. You're 13, so you have plenty of time! Whether you live in a small town or a city, it doesn't matter... get yourself involved with everything and search around your area to see what's available. Also, it's also really helpful to learn how to play an instrument, like the piano or guitar. Trust me on this, I'm 26 and also have big dreams of being a singer - but I've realized that to really do it, you have to actually do things and not just dream... and really plan what you want so that by the time you graduate high school, you can go to a really good college or performing arts school in an area that you dream to be in... if you take your time, you'll have a better chance at making things work. I know, I'm taking my time, and I'm going to be moving to New York to go for Broadway! But, I've been pushing myself through choirs, music classes, voice lessons, and auditions... I started getting small roles, and now I'm getting leads! So, just remember, take your time... it's an incredibly hard business, and if you take it seriously you could actually make a decent career for yourself in the future. Just something I wanted to tell you (I spent way too many years dreaming and not doing, and I wasted time). =) Good luck to you in the future! I hope everything you want happens! =D
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2009, 12:38 AM

Again, good ideas, KellBells17!

Hopefully, Lauren will return to this thread.

Thanks!
    cloudydayzz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 09:22 AM
    I really want to be a singer as well , and I'm 12, I've tried everything to make people see my talent, I've posted videos on YouTube, entered lots of school talent shows and I've even auditioned for britains got talent, all my teachers,friends and my mum say that my voice is like pinks voice, but the songs that I am really good at singing are listen:beyone hallejuah:alexandra burke saving all my love for you:whitney huston,
    cloudydayzz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2010, 09:22 AM
    I really want to be a singer as well , and I'm 12, I've tried everything to make people see my talent, I've posted videos on YouTube, entered lots of school talent shows and I've even auditioned for britains got talent, all my teachers,friends and my mum say that my voice is like pinks voice, but the songs that I am really good at singing are listen:beyone hallejuah:alexandra burke saving all my love for you:whitney huston,
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2010, 09:29 AM
    Hi, cloudydayzz!

This is the old, and now archived thread of someone else. This place doesn't work the same way that a chat room does. New questions that aren't in some way an answer to the very frirst question at the top of the page, need to be asked by starting a new thread.

Please start a new thread if you want what you're asking to get noticed the most.

Thanks!
    JaydaLovesYou Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2010, 12:56 PM
    Comment on KellBells17's post
    I live in New York! Good luck with broadway! Maybe one day I will come and see you! (Im moving to California after college)
    ashleighbehh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 05:37 PM
    Comment on cloudydayzz's post
    I entered btg and it didn't get me anywhere but I'm not sure my parents are prepared to pay loads of money.. its not fair tha thalf the people on the charts can't sing & I singing to myself in my room better than all of them by the way I'm not trying to boast!
    ashleighbehh Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2011, 05:40 PM
    Comment on Clough's post
    Would you be able to solve my problem? I want to be a singer so bad! I ahd an old music teahcer and she said that I was world class material and that I had one of the nicest voices she has eva herd.. I'm not trying to sound big heaed though I would hate that
    Jake41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2011, 05:16 AM
    I want to be a singer like jb

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a Singer Sewing Machine "singer merritt 4525" us a free motion foot [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I saw one that's cleaver and free-motion sewing machine foot being use. My sewing machine is a singer merrit 4525. Can I use a free-motion foot on it? Also, Does anyone know a place online to get or lookat a free manual for that model? Thank for the help, Kathy Hamann

Becoming a singer [ 4 Answers ]

How can I get noticed by a singing professinal in a small town I'm 16 and sing in the choir but I don't really sing in publice any more all my frriends think I could make it if I went for it

Who is the singer [ 1 Answers ]

What country & western artist sings "Life's a Beach"? Know the line dance but don't know the artist.

Becoming a singer [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm mahalia m also 11 and I want to be a singer I would love to be in your band my email address is {email address removef-<>} e mail me from mahalia!!

Name the Singer [ 1 Answers ]

Who was the only singer to introduce Oscar-nominated songs in four different decades?

View more questions Search