Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeT777 View Post
    A minimum of three witnesses are required in the Jewish courts.
    Not necessarily 3.

Deut 19:15-16
    15 "One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established.
    NKJV
    Bentzle Posts: 28, Reputation: 6

Mar 8, 2009, 02:21 PM

The Transfiguration of Jesus with Moses and Elijah was a foretaste of the 2nd transfiguration when Christ would die and raise from the dead. Elijah represented the Prophets and MOses the Law of the Old Testament. Jesus would be the promisd One and the new covenant after paying the price for humanity's sin by dying on the cross and rising from the dead.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    Not necessarily 3.

Deut 19:15-16
    15 "One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established.
    NKJV
    This verse states that one witness will not do..(shall not)..it isn't enough proof by any law of man or witness proven. However by two or three witnesses, the matter can not be denied to which it is stabished as evident to indentity..
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 02:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    This verse states that one witness will not do..(shall not)..it isn't enough proof by any law of man or witness proven. However by two or three witnesses, the matter can not be denied to which it is stabished as evident to indentity..
    Quite right.
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 02:57 PM

May I note that Chrsit came down from praying 3 times to find His disciples sleeping.. Each time these disciples witness Christ came back 3 times to find them asleep..

Christ established that man is weak of the flesh.. even the disciple were found weak..
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 03:11 PM
    Joe,
    Excellent points.
    Thanks
    Fred
    P.S. I see that another thread about Peter being the leader of the Apostles is closed.
    Oh. Lord, please, I party that Tj3 would stay out of it so we could get the evidence I seek.
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Joe,
    Excellent points.
    Thanks
    Fred
    P.S. I see that another thread about Peter being the leader of the Apostles is closed.
    Oh. Lord, please, I pary that Tj3 would stay out of it so we could get the evidence I seek.
    Well, lets try again?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Joe,
    Yes.
    Let's do that.
    Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search