Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    forexfc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Common Law Marriage
    I have been tolorating a woman living in my home for thirteen years.she is becoming more violent and mentaly abusing every day.I have stayed with her for the sake of her two kids wich are now sixteen and seventeen .she refuses to get professinal help because she does not believe she has a problem.she refuses to leave. She is really beginning to scare the crap out of me.
    Although we are not married .I did consider it a few times but that would be a big mistake.
    I need to kick her out legaly and hopefully without the huge expence of an attorney.
    Can I do this on my own without an attorney? If I seek legal council first of coarse they will advise me to retain them.
    Thanks,
    Jerry from Michigan
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2009, 06:53 AM

Evict her according to Michigan law. You've been tolerating this situation for 13 years?

There is NO common law marriage in Michigan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Common law marriage [ 4 Answers ]

My common law husband of several years is fixing to get deplyed to iraq. We live in Texas where common law marriage is lawfull. I was wanting to know if the military will accept a declaration of informal marriage is sufficient and accepted to receive benefits and the same accepted status as a...

Common law marriage [ 11 Answers ]

What is the law on common law living in New York state Living like husband and wife for 12 years

Is Colorado common law marriage valid in Arizona [ 1 Answers ]

If you were married in Colorado by common law, is that marriage recognized by the state of Arizona or is a ceremony in Arizona required in order for the state to recognized the marriage?

Maryland common law marriage [ 2 Answers ]

My brother and his girlfirend have been living together for 8 years in Maryland. They purchase a house together, but only her name was put on the deed and mortgage loan, because of his credit. He signed all of his checks for "Mortgage payment", now she wants to evict him. Can she use the holder...

International Marriage in military.. Could Divorce... What do I do to save our marriage [ 7 Answers ]

My husband is in Germany serving the US Army and since November 14, 2005 he has been gone. I was supposed to go over there with him but yet to go. He says that he wants a divorce and when I try to get the real true reason out of him nothing works all he says is that I know why but deep down I have...

View more questions Search