Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tfam2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 06:20 PM
    Writ on Bank Account
    A writ was placed on my bank account and the agency seized all the money in the account. If I open a new account in a different bank, does this agency have to go back to the court for a new judgement and how does a collection agency find out where you bank?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 06:27 PM

No the judgement stays active for 7 to 10 years normally

They will not need a new judgement. It is easy, they run either a credit check, or a check on a bank system to check for bad checks written. The collection people see it when they run a report on you

That is assume that the bank will open an account with you having a open judgement
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 7, 2009, 06:46 PM

They don't need to get a new judgement, but they will probably need to get a new writ. Most writs are written to only cover a specific bank, maybe even a specific account.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writ of Garnishment (Bank Account) [ 9 Answers ]

If A writ of Garnishment is issued by a court in Texas can the plaintiff execute this garnishment on my bank account in New York? I am a resident of Texas but when I moved from New york I never changed banks. My bank is also not available anywhere in the State of Texas. Can the creditor still...

Writ of garnishment on bank account [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Texas. Can a credit card creditor place a writ of garnishment on my bank account for an unpaid debt?

Writ of Execution - Frozen Bank Account [ 1 Answers ]

A previous landlord (property mgmt company) has a judgment against my husband and I for money owed, etc. We were just infomed of Writ of execution per our bank acct being frozen. Currently waiting for a lawyer to return my call; to ask questions before I process the Exemption Form w/the Sheriff's...

Writ served on joint bank account [ 4 Answers ]

A writ was served against a joint bank account with my current husband. The account was set out as exempt in a motion I filed myself. The original debt was 15 years ago with ex-husband. The bank has frozen the account so we have aboslutely no money even to hire a lawyer! The writ was served the...

View more questions Search