Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Colaco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2006, 10:52 PM
    Portuguese nationality
    My dad, born in Goa in 1941 and currently residing there, submitted his application to the Portuguese Consulate in Goa in 2000, for registration of his birth and marriage. His marriage has been registered in the Portuguese Conservatoria dos Registos Centrais, but there is absolutely no word regarding his birth registration. He was told upon inquring at the Consulate in Goa that as per new rules in Portugal, he would need to submit his official Portuguese identity card (bilhete de identidade) from before 1961. Like many Goans at that time, he did not have an official identity card, he just has his birth and baptism records. Do you know if there is indeed such a change in rules?
    Thanks, Colaco
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 25, 2006, 11:56 PM
    Please refer to This Thread

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese / British Dual nationality [ 2 Answers ]

I am Portuguese and my partner is British. Our son was born in England in September 2004. As we are not married, and I didn't have settle status in England when our son was born, he wasn't recognised as a British citizenship and could only apply for a Portuguese passport. However, he has now been...

Dual Nationality - Portugal [ 3 Answers ]

I was born in Pakistan in 1963 and lived here all my life. My parents had come over from Goa before 1961 and were married in Pakistan. Both of them had Portugeese passports and had to cancel them in order to achieve Pakistani nationality probably in 1965. I am mentioned in one of my parents...

Portuguese Nationality [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, I'm a former portugal colony, Macau, citizen,, but I did not accquire Portuguese nationality before it is handed back to China... Is it possible for me to do this now?? I'm studying in UK now on a visa. Thanks

View more questions Search