Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ashleygrant Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 02:28 PM
    2nd year nursing student.6 weeks until RN--I hope
    I'm having a really hard time with organization for clinical.. we are on a medical surgical unit, with many renal patients... I'm only supposed to make my way up to caring for 3 patients, and I really need help.. any suggestions for a really good plan of care sheet to help me manage clinical time, and prioritize between patients?
    Darlyene Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Mar 15, 2009, 10:20 AM

I have been an RN for 31 years this May and organizational skills is something that you have to develop with experience. As far as prioritizing your patient care you always take care of the most serious first. Do you feed a patient or clean up an incontinent patient first? You clean the patient first. Why? Think about what can happen if you do not do something, this is Critical Thinking. If you do not feed the patient now, nothing will happen to hurt that patient. You can always heat the food up but if the patient lies in stool or urine they can get a skin breakdown, yeast and ammonia burns. Always think this way and you will not go wrong. Take care of the patient that needs you the most at that time to prevent any adverse patient outcomes.
    Don't depend on papers or articles to tell you what to do. Listen to how you feel about what is happening with your patient.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nursing questions for student nurse [ 0 Answers ]

Hello there to whom it may concern my name is mary and I had a couple of questions for a student nurse if anyone is interested please email me. 1.where will you obtain your degree & why did you choose this program? 2.what is your defenition of nursing? 3.how would you describe your role as a...

22 year old student loan [ 8 Answers ]

that i didn't even remember taking out (apparently it was for $400) Got a call a few months ago about a loan (which i paid off in 2004 and assumed this was the one they were speaking of) and was told if i paid it off to disregard the phone call...which i did...I receive ssd because i have lupus. ...

Dog nursing year old puppy [ 1 Answers ]

My dog had puppies a year ago. She stopped nursing 9-10 months ago. The last few days one of the puppies has been nursing on her for about 10-15 minutes at a time. This is been going of the 3 days. Is this normal, or is the year old puppy lacking nourishment? The mother also seems to enjoy...

6-year Indian Student, 1040EZ but claiming social security taxes from 5th year. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2001 (F-1 undergrad, then 1 year of F-1 OPT, and now with a new F-1 for grad school), 6 years so far and all at the same university in NYC. This will be my first year filing the 1040EZ, and I have a few Q's... Four questions: * Is the 1040EZ form the...

6th year F-1 student [ 3 Answers ]

I'm under F-1 visa. This is my 6th year, so I cannot file as non-resident. The university did not withhold medicare and social security taxes. Is that OK? Do I need to do something about that? My husband is in his 5th year and has a fellowship, which is exempt for residents only. He has tax...

View more questions Search