Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carrie scott Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 09:21 AM
    Hippa violation?
    I work as a medical assistant in a VERY small communtity. Is it a hippa violation to talk about a person that is seen in the clinic if the information is coming from another source i.e. best friend, sister,. and not from work. I understand it may be unprofessional but is it illegal?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2009, 09:38 AM

Would I take a chance? No. This is a matter which you would have to defend if the conversation were ever disclosed. I don't think I'd take that chance.

Did you take HIPAA classes - because you mistakenly called it HIPPA.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Hippa violation [ 1 Answers ]

HIPPA VIOLATION? I had blood work done and the Doctors offce called with my results, which they never do but my sister was here from out of town and the Nurse gave her my results. My sister did tell her that she was my sister and that I was at work My sister did ask a question and the nurse...

HIPPA violation [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who was given copies of patient census report. The report included the patient name, rm # and payor source only. It did not include any health related information. My friend said that he needed the copies to show proof of a violation in the facility. He reported the information...

Hippa violation [ 2 Answers ]

I recently found out that my sister who works for a physician's office has been accessing my medical records and my husbands at a local hospital here. The hospital has verified this to me and it was confirmed by her practice manager. What should I do in this case? What legal actions can I take?...

HIPPA Violation or not? [ 3 Answers ]

Recently an employee of the Department of Public Safety sent an email to a reporter here in Hawaii which contained the names, addresses, physicians, and locations of plants for all 4,200 Medical Marijuana patients legally registered in the State of Hawaii. Supposedly, the only people that have...

View more questions Search