Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dance Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Account closed and money gone
    We recently had our accounts closed by the bank. They were frozen and all funds held, banks claims because of our behavior.
    Problem is now 2 of the accounts have large sums of money missing from the and the bank says that there is no problem be transferred the money out. My question is how can we transfer money from a closed account and where is it now? Who do we contact to get our money?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2009, 08:54 AM

Your account was frozen and emptied because of your "behavior?"

What does that mean? Where?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2009, 09:08 AM

Hello D:

I re-read my bank agreement. Bad behavior isn't grounds for them taking my money and closing my account. Bouncing checks, and stealing however, ARE grounds.

So, tell us what "behavior" you did. Please be specific, and we'll tell you where to get your money, if there's any to be gotten.

excon
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Mar 7, 2009, 04:51 PM

Hello dance

I am also confused, you said your account was frozen and empited out, sounds like you had a judgement and the creditor got his money and as for the rest of your question you need to explain

Mar 8, 2009, 02:41 PM
    Sorry, quess I wasn.t explicite enough. Our accounts were closed because the bank decided that my husbands foul language was inappropriate. On average he would call about 2 times a week over issues with the accounts, and would get someone on the phone who didn't speak clearly or who would say that there was no issue only to have someone on the second or third call correct the issue. This was an on going occurrence for about a year. Our bank manage was of no help at all, she acctually took to causing problems with me when I was in the bank. The final occurrence was about the 26th of Feb. when he called about a service charge on our savings account and spent 3 hours on the phone before it was fixed. I assume after much yelling and cursing, the bank closed the accounts. They told us they would be closed on the10th of March and we would be sent a check for the balances. We found out on the 3rd when we tried to use our bank card, and couldn't. We went to the bank to ask why and the manager called the police, to have us leave and put a hold on our accounts. At this point we had 14 dollars to our name and no way of getting the rest of it out of the bank. We went home and did a print out of the balances. I called the exec. Offices and was told as soon as all transactions had clear we would be issued a check. However, the next morning we checked on line to see if the transactions had cleared and found over 500 missing from one account and 485 missing from another. I called again and was told that no the account balances were right there was no money in those accounts even though I pointed out the error to them. The woman I spoke with said she would investigate but I still have no answers. How do I get my money ?
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2009, 03:11 PM

You go on line and print out the statement of transactions on both accounts. That statement (print out) will indicate when the money was withdrawn as well as where it went. You obviously can't go from $500 to zip without a withdrawal.

Then you CALMLY take that statement to the bank and ask that the money be returned to the account.

In the meantime I say this half tongue in cheek - I'd keep your husband off the phone and out of the bank before he gets himself arrested.

Handle this cooly and calmly, professionally, as a matter of missing funds. If all else fails you CAN contact the State Bank Regulatory Board for your State.

Mar 8, 2009, 03:15 PM
    Thank Judy but that is impossible as they shut down our online account also. Seems they can do what ever they like.
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2009, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dance View Post
    Thank Judy but that is impossible as they shut down our online account also. Seems they can do what ever they like.

Then you wait until your bank statements arrive and check for this same info. If you can't wait that long, contact the Bank Commissioner for your State.
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Mar 8, 2009, 04:38 PM

As noted above be CALM and polite. When your bank statements come YOU take them to the bank and show them the differences and have them show you where the money
    Went. I knew of one person who had money missing from an account and the bank was more than happy to sit down with her and go over every single transaction, comes to find out a mistake had been made and the bank gladley fixed it for her right then, I think the thing to remember is to be nice

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing a check on a closed account to MYSELF? [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, I know this sounds really bad and dishonest. But a couple of times, I have written a couple checks to my OPEN account to myself from an old CLOSED account (I still had the checkbook after I closed it) to avoid overdraft fees. For example, I have $50 in my account, I don't get paid for 2 more...

Interest & late fees on closed account. [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida and am being taken to a pre trail conference for an unpaid credit card. The account was closed back in 2007 by the creditor. Card max limit was $500, balance on the card is currently $1100 and change. The representing agency suing me on the companies behalf said I have to pay...

Capital One attempting to collect on closed account [ 2 Answers ]

We were just served by a law firm hired by Capital One for a supposed credit card amount not paid over 3 years ago. We closed that account and paid any outstanding balance 3 years ago. We have 20 days to respond to the court if we wish to dispute this charge or we would lose by default. From...

Closed Checking Account [ 3 Answers ]

What actions can I take against a person who wrote me a check on a closed account and refuse to pay me? If I take her to court, can I also make her pay court fees?

How do I recover emails from a closed webmail account? [ 3 Answers ]

I asked virgin.net to close my "pay as you go" webmail account when I switched to their broadband - but didn't realise that in the process this deleted every email I had on that account! They said there is "no way" these emails can be recovered - not even by them. Surely there must be some way...

View more questions Search