Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 10:20 PM
    What do you do?
    What do you do when you know it's over.

You've been hurt, so has she, you know you should be angry.. anything except wanting to make it OK.

You know you shouldn't be together.

But you just can't get that feeling of 'it should have been us' out of your head.

What do you do?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 11:21 PM

I might have an easy answer.
    Take the example of reading a book.
    You finished reading it, it had a sad ending.
    You close the book and put it back on the shelf to gather dust for the future!
    Dare81 Posts: 264, Reputation: 44

Mar 7, 2009, 01:40 AM

You give it time.Time heals all wounds. You meet someone new and see what a real relationship looks like, then you look back and thank god that the relationship ended when it did.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2009, 09:37 AM
    I believe you always are to be open, and honest with a partner, right or wrong, good or bad. When feelings change, the partner should be the first to know, and given time to accept, recover from the shock, and heal, so they can cope with their loss, as you do.

As humans we move on, and when we heal, we open back up again to what's around us, and can resume our pursuit of happiness.

We just have to learn how to deal with our feelings, in a positive honest way. Usually, that takes time, and experience, as we learn, and grow.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2009, 05:47 PM

Had to spread the rep Tal, but there is great serenity to your post. I hope your words will instill some in me.

I am getting better. It's a day to day thing. Just difficult sometimes, but who ever said it would be easy? :)

Thanks for your responses everyone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search