Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    farmersdtr3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 05:21 PM
    Newspaper thank you with harvest
    My father passed away suddenly in September. He was only 56 years old and a successful farmer. He had approx 3,000 acres in that needed to be harvest. We had close to 30 farmers show up to help us (his 3 dtrs) harvest. Some using their own equipment. Then when we had farm auction we also received much help from volunteers. I've never been really good with words and would really like to give these people a correct thank you
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2009, 11:19 PM

Hi, farmersdtr3!

First, my condolences to you on the loss of your father!

What follows is how I might write something if it is concerning losing someone who was dear to me and wanting to thank other people for what they did.

Part of determining how much you write will depend on how much space the newspaper will give to you and whether you are paying for it or not. How is it to be listed, please? Will it be in some sort of box ad or maybe in some sort of column section where things like that are posted, or maybe in another format?

The wording of posting it in whatever way, might go something like the following, though.

Possible title: A Thank You to All Those Who Supported Us in Many Ways After the Loss of [Name or Relationship Title of Deceased],

We, the family of [Name of Deceased] would like to express our heart-felt gratitude to the many people who [A brief summary of what they did, collectively, as a group.] [Name or Relationship Title of Deceased] meant so much to us and will be forever in our hearts.

We will always remember your kind expressions of help and solace in our time of need!

Thank you, kindly!

[Name of you and/or group, family, friends, etc.] of [Name of Deceased].

Without knowing here, more information, that is one way that it might be done.

If you would like to post a draft of what you might write, I'm sure that there would be those of us who will come along and advise you as to how what you write might be made the most appropriate.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harvest Moon [ 8 Answers ]

I played Harvest Moon once on PS2, but I now have an XBox. Does anyone know of a game that is similar to Harvest Moon that I can play on XBox? Because as far as I know, it's not available on XBox. Thanks! :)

How do I harvest my hazelnuts ? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a hazelnut tree in my Garden, the hazelnuts on the tree are green and protected by a green leaf. How do I get them to the brown stage that we all know and are edible ? Many thanks George

How do I react when my friend says thank you? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I react when my friend says thank you!

My ex broke me and now Its time to say goodbye and thank you! [ 8 Answers ]

I found this site two months ago and started posting of my situation, I was devastated and really although I received so much advice I still did all the things I should not have been doing... Chasing and trying to stay friends so I could get back in for 2 months what a waste of time. She...

Thank you [ 1 Answers ]

I just want to thank everyone for the kind messages,your all great. I have received tons of messages ,and I think its great to know that I am helping people I will continue the good work and I hope to serve you again in the future so ask away we are all here ,to help and I am glad to see that some...

View more questions Search