Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catmck2204 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Vacant property inspections
    I just got laid off my property management job and I wish to start a business of my own doing vacant prperty inspections while people are away on vacation.

! How do I get bonded for this and do I need to ? And

2. I did not need a licence to perform this service when I had my job will I need anything special in doing this on my own?

I know I need a city business licence. This is in Calgary, alberta

My name is Cathy
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 11:37 AM

Hi cat, I think that is a really great idea ! I do think you will need to be bonded though, because there will valuable property in these houses. You can start by going to your local police and tell them you want a background check done. I pay $25 for mine every two or three years in my home town. It takes a week. I have be bonded for my employer as I am a cert. Personal Support Worker for my employer Cdn. Red Cross and I go into clients homes during the day.

Yes you will need a business license. I don't think you will need a licence to perform this service either. But will you be charging PST and GST ? If so, you will need a Provincial tax license to charge back your clients and they will have to pay the Goods and Services Tax on your invoices. You will then have to witthold this to payback quarterly to the Province.

I hope this helps.

ms. ticke (Canadian)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find out who owns a vacant property [ 2 Answers ]

A house in our neighborhood has been vacant and neglected for over a year. Is there any way to find out who owns it without paying for website/search fees? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dhs home inspections [ 1 Answers ]

I've been in dhs custudy for 5 years now. Honestly I'm getting sick of this. I'm a diabetic and have been for 7 years now, I'm 17 and I don't want to be in dhs custudy for another year. I have contacted my dad's ex-wife. Because my dad gave up parental rights and my mom passed away. My dads ex is a...

Home inspections [ 2 Answers ]

Which woods are both termite and rot resistant

Home inspections and oil tanks [ 4 Answers ]

What is not a clue that the oil tank is buried outside? a)oil filter & shut off valve emerge from basement wall b)filler pipe and vent are not right next to wall outside c)you cannot find the oil tank inside d)the flue is high efficiency plastic

Harassment from new landlord and inspections [ 2 Answers ]

My old land lord passed away February 8th ,2006 he owned the building for as long as I lived here since 1973, I had a good relationship with him. His son and daughter took over and the son dislikes me and is angry that I am under rent control. Anway to make a long story short, I have had pets...

View more questions Search