Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Mar 6, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Sorting issue in Excel
    Hello -

I've been working with an Excel Spreadsheet and I have run into a problem with it. I have a filter set up and I when I want to filter on a specific thing like "blanks" or "non-blanks", at the lower left hand corner of the screen it will tell me the count: "5 of 25 records found." For some reason now when I sort, it longer provides me the count in the lower left corner. Is there some way to turn this feature back on?

Thanks.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 12:18 PM

What appears there now? "Filter"? This is a common situation once you start playing with the filtered results. You only get the 5 of 25 when the data hasn't been fiddled with in any way.

Rather than go into the details all over again, read a full explanation of this issue here. Hope this helps.

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q213886

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Sorting by surname on excel [ 9 Answers ]

How do I sort data by surname on excel? I have office 2007

Sorting and Sum in Excel [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to setup an excel spreadsheet to find the total dollar amount of comps given for several different vendors all out off one mass mixed up spreadsheet. I want to search for a specific name and then get a sum of the dollar amount in the cell to the right of it, over the entire list. Any...

Excel 2003 Issue [ 1 Answers ]

My company recently updated the Office package from 2000 to 2003. A spreadsheet I have worked fine in 2000 , but now will not work. I received a message that Excel detected errors and repairs were made. It also states that I lost Visual Basic Project and ActiveX Controls. After the...

Excel 2003 issue [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a problem with the auto calculation feature in excel. It doesn't seem to be working. I have to use the super calculation feature, crtl+F9 or F9 in order for the calculation to work. Do you know why this is? I'm running excel 2003 (Office 2003 SP1) and the file was saved in excel XP....

View more questions Search