Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    is this right Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2009, 10:19 AM
    She is hanging out with other guy friends, when do I worry?
    Hi all, I'll be brief, but appreciate any comments.
    I am 30, and she is 24. This may be meaningless, in our relationship it is, we never talk about it and treat each other as if there is no age gap.
    When we are together we are really happy. In Love, and tell each other so. She also recently said she could not imagine her life without me in it.

We see each other a couple times a week and it is a healthy relationship where we see our own friends as well etc etc.

Last weekend she went to her university reunion, and commented just before she left that unfortunately none of the girls from her year could make it, and therefore it was just going to be her and the 15 guys (who were all her friends at uni) hanging out for the 3 days.

Is it me getting jealous, and insecure, or is this slightly strange! I can't imagine all boyfriends would be cool with this situation of her going to stay with all guy friends for 3 days.

Anyway I played it cool, and when she got back she said she was busy with other commitments for this week except Tuesday. 'could we hang out then?' Again that is cool, as she has other stuff to do, and people to see.

However, I don't feel like she is making time for us. Or should I just chill and take this as one of those periods in a relationship when both parties are happy in love but just busy with their own lives for a bit, and the reunion was also a one off thing.

Half of me wants to talk to her about it, but I don't want to make an issue, as I will look like the jealous BF... which in previous relationships I have never been. But I am now becoming the over analysying boyfriend!!

Is it all cool?

Please help
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 10:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by is this right View Post
    Half of me wants to talk to her about it, but I don't want to make an issue, as I will look like the jealous BF.........which in previous relationships I have never been. But I am now becoming the over analysying bf!!!

Is it all cool?

Please help
    Convince your other half to think the same way, and sit down and talk to her about it. Communication my friend... it goes a long way. Express your feelings, otherwise they will just bottle up and eventually get exploded onto her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 10:44 AM

Its not the fact of wanting to talk, but the reason, and the how you go about it. For now, find something else to do and don't let insecurity, or jealousy dictate your words or actions.

I have found that when you talk in a way that is non-judgmental, non-threatening, not needy, or insecure, you get more positive and honest feedback from a partner. Sometimes its not knowing when to talk, but when to shut up.
    is this right Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2009, 10:59 AM

Thanks guys, I guess best idea is to chill about it and see what happens over next couple weeks.

I think it is the whole guy thing that got to me, but don't want to lose her over an issue I have.

If things don't go back to where they were, then enough time will have past for me to talk to her logically, calmly, and retionally, rather than in the heat of the moment!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Should I worry? [ 2 Answers ]

I bled after intorcource... and I hd been off my period for a good week now... so what is the couse of my bleeding?

Do I have something to worry about? [ 7 Answers ]

So I swear I'm not snooping. But, I've had a really weird start to this relationship. I've been with my boyfriend for about a year. I do trust him but on his myspace it showed he was still single and had his ex as number 1. Then I asked him about it and kind of made him change it. Then I was...

Should I worry about my dog? [ 3 Answers ]

My dog - 9 year old german shepherd / lab mix spayed female. The last 2 years she has slowed down and gained some weight. I noticed her doing something weird recently - when she wakes up from sleeping she sticks her tongue out and pulls it back in (almost like if she were drinking water) and when...

Girlfriend hanging out with friends [ 13 Answers ]

My girlfriend of two years, who lives with me, has been recently having her friends (male/female) come over for drinks when I'm not around. Sometimes late at night when I'm at work. Her friends hardly ever come around when I'm home and we don't all go out together. Im going to be working night...

Help! Should I worry? [ 1 Answers ]

I need some help... My LMP was May 1st, I have a 28 day cycle, I had some spotting on the 24th of May, which last only 1/2 a day, I was supposed to get my period on Sunday 29 May, but I still haven't gotten a period yet... For the last 2 weeks, I have been hacking up a lot, I mean constantly...

View more questions Search