Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cornedbeef Posts: 152, Reputation: 4

Mar 6, 2009, 09:20 AM
    New Monitor but no Sound.
    Hi,
    I have just purchased a new BenQ FP51G. My sound worked prior to installing this monitor. I have a separate speaker system which I have checked first. Nothing has come adrift.
    Can installing this monitor affect the sound system?
    Thanks
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 11:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cornedbeef View Post
    Can installing this monitor affect the sound system?
    The documentation for this monitor that I found on Benq's website does not indicate that it has any type of audio features, such as built-in USB speakers. So, no, as far as any new audio related drivers might be concerned. Recheck your speaker signal and power cabling.
    programmer man Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 12:21 PM

It may not be the new monitor but the computer, sometimes ours suddenly gets rid of it's "sound plan" somehow. By itself!
    Anyway, try checking the sound plan.
    Or maybe the sound plan dosen't work with the new monitor, somehow. So try and find a "sound plan" and check that

Mar 6, 2009, 06:03 PM

Thanks to you both for your answers. Sclreros, would you happen to have the benq website for me. For some reason my PC cannot find the software that came with the monitor and so I am unable to download the manual for it.

Programmer man, what do you mean by "sound plan"

Cheers.
    Hardware Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 07:07 PM
    Scleros, would you happen to have the benq website for me.
    Benq website.

Mar 9, 2009, 05:40 PM
    Further to my first post, I have been unable to open any pdf files either. All I get is a message saying "Windows cannot open this file. Windows needs to know what programe created it". I am getting this on all pdf files and also a similar message when I try to download the software that came with the monitor. Any ideas please.
    Hardware Expert

Mar 10, 2009, 12:32 AM
    Any ideas please.
    Reinstall or update Adobe Reader.

-or-

Check the configured handler for the PDF Adobe Acrobat Document file type in Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types Tab and adjust as necessary.

Mar 10, 2009, 09:14 AM
    Excuse my ignorance, but I am not sure what to do here. What do I need to go on to type the info in that you have given. Thanks.
    Hardware Expert

Mar 10, 2009, 03:23 PM
    ... I am not sure what to do here.
    Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files require a software viewer. Microsoft Windows does not include a native viewer. Adobe's software for viewing PDF files is named Adobe Reader and is available at the link in my earlier post. The Reader software must be downloaded and installed to view PDF files. Adobe's Reader isn't the only one available. There are other readers as well, such as Foxit Reader.

If you cannot open PDF files, either software to view them has never been installed or the software has been damaged so that the .PDF filename extension is no longer associated with the viewer application. Installing or reinstalling Adobe Reader will probably correct the situation. If not, the .PDF handler association can be inspected in Windows Explorer via the Tools Menu > Folder Options > File Types Tab and corrected manually if incorrect. You are using Microsoft Windows and not a Mac/Linux/Something else, yes?
    programmer man Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2009, 08:50 AM
    Thanks to you both for your answers. Sclreros, would you happen to have the benq website for me. For some reason my pc cannot find the software that came with the monitor and so I am unable to download the manual for it.

Programmer man, what do you mean by "sound plan"

Cheers.?
    Sorry this is late... if you adjust the audio properties somewhere there should be a sound plan or audio plan or something. This needs to fit your speakers/moniter built in speakers. I had this sound problem. Turns out there was a wire missing. Separate wires are needed for the different essential programs to work. :D

Jun 20, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Hi,
    Thanks for that. I have managed to sort it now anyway.
    Cheers Richard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

No sound while watching television.sound when playing video games [ 4 Answers ]

I have no Idea what the problem could be, but if I try to watch television, which is cable, I cannot hear the sound on the television, but If I play video games, then you can hear the sound perfectly... So, it cannot be a problem with the speakers inside the television.. Could it be the cable? What...

Monitor making really annoying sound [ 2 Answers ]

Sounds like eeeeeeeeee, gives me a teeny headache. Anyway, my monitor is not an lcd, I've drawn on it with permanent marker, and the sound goes away for awhile when I turn it off. Any help appreciated, obviously lol.

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

View more questions Search