Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Catkin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Amount of time between work shifts
    I have tried researching labor laws on scheduling. Several times at my job I have been scheduled for turn around shifts. Although the written schedule says 4:30pm to 12am we normally do not clock out until 1am. Then having my next shift from 6am to 2pm. Is there a law stating that there has to be (x) amount of hours in between shifts or otherwise be compensated for what I would consider to be overtime?
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Mar 6, 2009, 09:13 AM

Overtime is generally not based on the number of hours you work per day but per week. So if you work over 40 hrs per week you should be entitled to overtime pay.

You are also entitled to an employee handbook which should break down the specifics of overtime pay at the company you work for.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2009, 09:49 AM

What State? Some of this is Federal law. Some is State law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you switch work shifts for health reasons? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I've got a question. Can a doctor tell your employer to switch your work shifts if it deals with your health? The reason I am asking is that my fiancé has been at this factory for a while now and lately had to switch doctors. The new doctor took him off his sleep medicines and refused to...

I am asking if anyone know the amount of time [ 2 Answers ]

That I would spend in jail for vop and dui and driving on suspended in the state of Fl

Amount of time to move [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord called today to say she excepted an offer on the house we are currently renting. She said she thought the closing date is Sept. 14. How much time do we have to find a new place?

Losing weight in a short amount of time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to lose weight but I can't seem to lose it as fast as I started to a month ago. I wanted to lose weight for the summer but summer is almost here what can I do??

View more questions Search