Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emma77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 03:00 AM
    K1 Visa marriage within 90 days
    My fiancé is an american citizen and we have applied for the K1 visa, it has been approved and we are waiting for the next lots of paperwork to fill in. We understand once I enter the US on this visa I we have 90 days to get married. The marriage has to take place in america so we have chosen St Thomas on the US Virgin Islands. We have calculated between now and getting the visa should only take around 2 months so we have set a date for 25th July 09. My question is if the visa did not come through by this date could we still get married?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Mar 6, 2009, 07:14 AM

Congratulations!

If you get married before your K-1 visa is approved and issued, your fiancé will no longer qualify for the visa as it is for a fiance/fiancee of a USC.

You will need to file for a K-3, the visa for a spouse of a USC. To do this, you will need to file an I-130 relative petition and after it is filed, include the USCIS receipt notice with your I-129F petition. You will need your marriage certificate and the same general documentation you used for your K-1 visa application, to prove up the bona fides of the relationship.

If this was helpful, rate this answer, thanks and good luck.
    emma77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2009, 07:39 AM

Thank you very much for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is love marriage is acceptable in islam or can we marriage with out permissions of ou [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Aslamu alaikum Is love marriage is acceptable in islam or can we marriage with out permissions of our parents. Actually I am in love last 5 yr I want to marry her and she also but her parents not agree to marry with me , and also my guardians have not to choice their. So can we marry with...

What should I do about my marriage [ 13 Answers ]

Please help me!! My husband I started fighting about one month ago.. another argument about how he treats my daughter (no patience). This continued with me giving him the silent treatment (usually lasts about a week) I know that's immature but I always hope he will see how mad it makes me. Instead...

I-94 expired 250 days back,but have valid Visa till Sep2009 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi type H1B Entered USA-----------------: AUG 10th 2007 Old Passport valid till -------: JUNE 21st 2008 - renewed I-94 issued till---------------: JUNE 21st 2008 Visa approved(stamped)---: SEP 30th 2009 Now I over stayed 250days, please help me what I have to do now. My company attarny...

Tax Form to be used L1 visa less than 183 days [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Tax experts I need some advice regarding tax filing for 2007. Here are my details :- I visited the US on L1 visa in the months of Jan-March 2007 and then again in May-2007. I haven't been to the US in 2005/2006. My total days of residence in the US for 2005-06-07 work up to 75. Apart...

View more questions Search