Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lester piggott Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 06:49 PM
    Good will and Impaired goodwill
    3. Joyful Sound Music Company purchased the net assets (I, e. assets minus liabilities) of Metrodome Company for $845,000. Metrodome is a retailer of music, instrument, and related items. Its net assets have been carried on its own books at a total of $530,000. An appraisal of all of Metrodome's assets and liabilities revealed a net fair market value of $783,000. Joyful is willing to pay extra because of Metrodome's very loyal retail customers, most of whom have dealt exclusively with the company for more than 30 years.
    A. what is the amount of goodwill that joyful should record at acquisition of Metrodome?
    B. what might cause the purchased goodwill in this situation to become impaired?

Exercise 11-18

A. The amount of goodwill that joyful should record at the acquisition of Metrodome is $315,000.00.
    B. If suppliers hiked costs, if consumers no longer believed in the product and no longer bought the product, if the employees were unethical and it became a public scandal, if the brand became associated with substandard quality, and any other component that added value to the balance sheet were impaired, then the parent company would have suffered a loss of goodwill.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 02:53 PM

You should try to do this yourself first. Use your accounting textbook to work it out. If you have a specific question we will try to help you.
    lester piggott Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2009, 11:21 AM
    P Ready:

If you will read the entire post you will see that I posted my answer to my question on the bottom of the post! I really do need feedback to see if I got it right. Please, respond soonest.

Lester

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative goodwill [ 2 Answers ]

How is negative goodwill recognized on a consolidated balance sheet?

How can you get a dui if the officer tells your mother your not impaired? [ 38 Answers ]

It was a couple days ago when I was pulled over by a cop. Its originally started as a traffic ticket but upon rolling my window down, the officer asked me, "anything i should know about?" I didn't no what to do so rather than lying to him I said yes there was a little pot. Not to mention there was...

Blonde, hearing impaired [ 3 Answers ]

Who acted as a blonde, young, hearing impaired girl who was treated very badly, and lived in a barn

Recording of goodwill [ 1 Answers ]

If on admission of a new partner to a business they contribute capital to the worth of 25,000 in the way of a mmotor vehicle and then additional 6000 in goodwill that is to be credited to the already exsiting 2 partners how would this be recorded

View more questions Search