Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dizzy3984 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2009, 06:20 PM
    I'm afraid my cat's not going to make it. Give me hope. Or wisdom
    So my family called me today to let me know my cat has been acting weird all day.. that she was dragging her hind legs, and acting drunk.. I asked my mom if she needed to go to the vet and she told me NO.. She's just acting weird..

I get home tonight, and my cat is laying on the ground, crying.. I tried picking her up, she almost went limp.. she just cried and cried.. she hadn't used the litter and so had leaking out.. Her eyes had a white mucus looking thing in the inner part.. (like where our sleepys are) and so I took her to the animal hospital, they seem to think she may have found a pill on the floor and eaten it.. but.. they don't know for sure.. My cat is almost 6yrs old.. and we have A lot of medication in the house. I feel if she were to get a taste for it, it would have occurred before now.

Please.. I'm sitting here.. my baby is at the vet over night.. they said its possible she won't make it..

Please tell me something.. hopefully something good!!
    Akoue Posts: 1,098, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 06:51 PM

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Can you tell us a little more, so that we can better understand the situation your little girl is in?

When did her symptoms start?

Please keep us updated on her. If you can fill us in some more we'll be happy to try to give you some feedback. And we'll give you support in any case.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2009, 06:51 PM

Wisdom would be to give the vet a list of all the possible pills.

Mar 5, 2009, 07:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoue View Post
    I'm so very sorry to hear this. Can you tell us a little more, so that we can better understand the situation your little girl is in?

When did her symptoms start?

Please keep us updated on her. If you can fill us in some more we'll be happy to try to give you some feedback. And we'll give you support in any case.
    I was at work all day, so I do not know for sure, but they think it started around noon.. but it didn't get really bad till about 5pm..

Mar 5, 2009, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    Wisdom would be to give the vet a list of all the possible pills.
    We already did this.. we made sure we did everything we could.. I called the Vet a little bit ago, She's on an IV, getting fluids, their trying to flush her system and she said if she makes it through till tomorrow then we should be okay.. Im just really hoping!!
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 09:39 PM

Dizzy, I was so sorry to read about your kitty, and I imagine this must be very difficult for you. Although your parents may not have realized that she needed to see a vet right away, I'm very glad that you did. How is she today? Were they able to identify a probable cause or a specific medication that she may have ingested? I really hope things have been looking up for her!

Mar 7, 2009, 08:53 AM
    She is home and much better! Thank you all for your comments!
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2009, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy3984 View Post
    She is home and much better!! Thank you all for your comments!
    That's a relief! Thank you very much for your update! What were they able to do that pulled her out of it? Were they able to identify the cause? Potentially, if someone else with a similar problem comes through here looking for answers and their cat hasn't been given a correct diagnosis or the proper treatment, reading whatever information you can supply now might be able to really help them. You never know. In any case, I'm really glad to hear that your kitty's doing so well. Best wishes.

Mar 8, 2009, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by linnealand View Post
    that's a relief! thank you very much for your update! what were they able to do that pulled her out of it? were they able to identify the cause? potentially, if someone else with a similar problem comes through here looking for answers and their cat hasn't been given a correct diagnosis or the proper treatment, reading whatever information you can supply now might be able to really help them. you never know. in any case, i'm really glad to hear that your kitty's doing so well. best wishes.
    The Vet was never SURE but she assumed my cat swallowed a pill of some sort.. They kept her over night and most the next day Sedated, on an IV, flushed out her system. Ran blood work.. that was really it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm afraid that he has no hope in us any more what should I do? [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend has been dating for a year and everything has been perfect and we have gotten to were we fight all of the time he's going to be starting college and I'm only going to be a junior in high school I'm afraid that he's going to think that I'm in the way of things like his college...

I hope someone can give me advise? [ 3 Answers ]

My Name is rachelle ** last name edited out*** I live in spokane Washington. I am a single mother that is on ssi and my three and a half year old is on tanf. My ex boyfriend who had told me and we thought he is the father to my daughter has been out of her life from the time she was born in 2004...

Well I want it peirced they won't let me ,how do I make them give in? [ 2 Answers ]

I want my cartlidge peirced and yeah usual story my mom said no . Messed up yeah I know right! I simply stated my case saying that I could take care of it , I could pay for it and she said no , and without whinning or going off into a frenzy I asked her simply what her objections was , she said it...

Is there anything you can give a dog to make them poop [ 10 Answers ]

I was wondering if there was anyting you could give a dog to make them have a bowl movement? Or if you had to get it from the vet..

At what point did you give up hope? [ 19 Answers ]

In another post, I read that getting to the point where you can give up hoping that your ex will return is crucial to begin to get over them. I realize that being unable to do this very thing is making the healing process/ getting over my ex so hard for me. I know that I am struggling with giving...

View more questions Search