Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchsc Posts: 802, Reputation: 7

Mar 5, 2009, 05:53 PM
    Saving a video file from a website
    Is there a way to copy and save an online video clip (as in You Tube) as a file that I can save and keep, as opposed to a link to a site? (A .wmv type file?)
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 5, 2009, 06:29 PM

The only thing I can offer you is that certain sites like YouTube if the material is not copyrighted the author has the ability to let you download it. Otherwise it is illegal and I will not give you advice/programs that do this sort of thing.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 07:50 PM

There not to big on pirated things here sorry!

Mar 6, 2009, 07:45 AM

DarkVision & ITstudent,

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to clarify, I have no intention of pirating anything, nor have I ever done so. Most YouTube videos are not copyrighted.

I have since found the information on a Google search.

Thanks again...
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 08:37 AM

Agreeing that yes, most content on YouTube is self made, non copyrighted content, therefore not pirated, some people post movie or TV show clips but they get deleted by admin very quickly.

Also yes there is an ap to save videos off YouTube but from your last post sounds like you found it.

Mar 6, 2009, 09:00 AM

Thanks Lowtax,

As there were several apps online, I would be interested to know if you have a recommendation...
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2009, 01:24 PM

We use FLV player... something like that, I don't recall the exact name, I'm at work now, if I remember it ill post again.

Mar 6, 2009, 03:23 PM

Thank you...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inserting Flash Video into Website [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I need to insert flash video into a website (we are converting from Windows Media video - much faster and dependable format). I have the video converted, uploaded, and linked on the website. I want to know how to turn on the little button controls for the player. Right now, the clip...

Can a Video file be converted to a understandable text file [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Can you please let me know if a video file be converted to some readable text file. For example, if we read the text file, we should understand what the video shows and vice versa. Is there any such conversion possible. Please help me in this issue as early as possible.

What is your favorite money saving website? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My name is Charley, and I'm a save-a-holic. LoL! Seriously, I was curious to know what websites you like that give tips and tricks on saving money on things like groceries, gasoline, etc. My favorite is www.savingdimes.com. It has great reads, and I especially love the grocery store...

View more questions Search