Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guyshahar Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2006, 04:00 AM
    Mozilla doesn't detect Flash Plugin
    Whenever a site requires Flash, Firefox just displays a large "Q" with a question mark in it. It works fine in Internet Explorer, and both browsers were installed at the same time.

Any idea what I can do to make Firefox play ball? Otherwise, it is a much nicer browser to use.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 25, 2006, 04:08 AM
    Try reinstalling it from Here
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2006, 05:16 AM
    It sounds like this is more a Quicktime problem and not a Flash/Firefox issue. It sounds like Quicktime is set to play Flash files which you don't want. Try this:

• Open Quicktime.
    • Click on Edit >> Preferences >> Quicktime Prefs >> File type tab.
    • Expand the Miscellaneous tree. Uncheck Flash media.

Now close Firefox and try again. Hopefully now Flash Player will load your Flash movies, not Quicktime.

Aug 25, 2006, 07:48 AM
    Thank you LTheobold. I have searched the web and done all the things I should have done - including unchecking this box in Quicktime preferences, but still Firefox just displays that question mark when it should play a flash movie.

If anyone has any further ideas, I would be very grateful for them.

Thanks

Guy

Aug 26, 2006, 12:42 PM
    SOLVED now - thanks for your help. There were some dll files that apparently needed to be removed from the Firefox installation folder!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

Colored Dye For Oil to Detect Leaks [ 2 Answers ]

My company wants to use colored dye in our oils/lubricates to determine what machines the leaks are coming from. I have found one company that supplies a liquid dye in two colors, blue & red. We were hoping for a little more choice of colors. I have heard of a possible powdered dye for this use but...

Detect sound and disply cards [ 1 Answers ]

How to detec sound and disply cards in DOS?

Firefox plugin problem! [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having problems viewing videos on the internet with Firefox and reluctantly have to use internet explorer. I'm asked for a plugin but the system can't find the video plugin automatically. Manually I'm lost. Can somebody tell me the name of the plugin and a better site to download it from

AMHD Firefox Plugin [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, Work has been slow for me recently so I have started to do a number of things to keep me entertained and hopefully pick up the occasional new skill here and there. One of the things I am thinking of having a shot at is to create a Firefox plugin for this site. It'll be a good way to...

View more questions Search