Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lasarca Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 04:48 PM
    How to adopt a baby
    I know a lady that wants to give me her baby, she is only 4 months pregnant, I do not have money to hire a lawyer, how can I get her baby.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Mar 6, 2009, 05:49 AM

By getting a lawyer.

Adoption is a LEGAL event. You need a lawyer to make sure that everything is done correctly or it could mean an overturned adoption in the future.

Let's put it this way: when going through adoption, you can't NOT afford a lawyer. The price could end up being broken hearts instead of money in the end if you don't have one.

You should ALSO suggest to your lady friend that she see a counselor to be sure she understands her own reasons for choosing adoption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can we adopt this baby? [ 2 Answers ]

We have fostered a baby since birth to 6 months who is up for adoption by adoptive parents who have his 3 siblings.Can we try to adopt him ?

How do I adopt my baby sister? [ 4 Answers ]

I am needing help on how to adopt my baby half sister. My father is extremely abusive he is a horrible horrible man. He ruined my childhood. I moved in with them at one point to help prevent him from hurting my sister but he started to hurt me again and I had to get out before it got worse. I know...

How do I adopt a baby from a friend? [ 5 Answers ]

My friend's daughter is 18 yrs. And has two kids. She is pregnant with her third child. My husband and I are unable to have our own children and the girl wants to give the baby up. She wants to let us take and raise the baby as our own. I don't know where to search and find the steps of adopting at...

My boyfriend wants to adopt my baby [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 15 month old baby. I went for a dna test with a guy and it came back that he's not her biological father. My boyfriend wants to adopt her. So I have two questions... 1. do we have to be married for him to adopt her. 2, Do I have to find out who her biological father is and have him sign...

Looking for a baby to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for two years and trying to have a baby for one year. We are not having any luck and are trying to find an adoption situation. We are looking for a birthmom who wants to find a family for her child. We are a happy family and could pprovide well for a child, so if...

View more questions Search