Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blessedmom Posts: 104, Reputation: 6

Mar 5, 2009, 03:45 PM
    How doI know what ethernet card I have?
    I'm sorry if I'm putting this in the wrong place. If I'm, please direct me to the right place:). I have windows me that have a ethernet card on it. Someone installed it on my computer a long time ago when working on it to see what was wrong with it. Well I had another problem with the computer and had to restore with my original restore cd which wiped out the driver for the ethernet card. I have seen drivers to download but my windows won't support it. I now have windows xp so I want to find the correct driver so I can download and write it to a cd to install on my old computer(If possible) Sorry for rambling. My question is this. How do I know what driver to download if no information is coming up about the ethernet card? I go to system hardware then device manager. It shows PCI ethernet controller with a yellow ? And then a yellow ! Over that. When I click on properties this is what is says.

Device type: Other devices
    Manufacturer:None specicied
    Hardware version: 000

The drivers for this device are not installed.

Any and all help will be greatly appreicated!

Thank you!
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 5, 2009, 04:18 PM
    My memory of Windows ME is foggy. So... If the adapter is PCI, there may be a PCI device ID listed somewhere in the adapter's properties in the device manager. If found, the ID can be researched via Google, the PCI ID Repository, or PCI Database. Otherwise, the adapter can be pulled and looked at for identifying information and then the manufacturer's website visited to obtain a driver. Lacking any identifying info, there will be a FCC ID imprinted on the adapter that can be searched for at the FCC's equipment authorization database to identify the manufacturer.

If the card is not a major brand with a web presence, finding a driver could easily consume an afternoon of web scouring. It may be less effort to purchase a new low cost adapter for around $10 either online at a site like Newegg.com or locally at a Walmart, etc. but, verify Windows ME driver support prior to purchase.
    iLLyriC Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2009, 06:54 AM

You may try this software,

Driver Genius Pro 8.0 » Megaupload Rapidshare Download Crack Serial

It's a programm that decects your installed hardware and finds the required drivers for them. It's cracked too so all you have to do is Download it, Install, Scan, download the drivers and see if it works.

I am glad if this would help you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ethernet card is not being read by my computer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have windows me. Very old. A year ago a friend install a enternet card on my computer but did not give me the software to go with it. I had to reinstall my computer because of so many problems. When I did that erased the driver I had for the ethernet card. Is it posisble to burn the...

What is an ethernet card? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, If I buy a pocket PC with an ethernet card does that mean I will be able to access the internet using my home wireless internet connection? Thank you in advance for the help, Jack

2 modems (?) - 1 Ethernet Card [ 2 Answers ]

I have a DSL modem and a satellite modem(?). They both require ethernet and I only have 1 ethernet card. I would like to be able to hook both modems up to my system so I can just disable one or the other (when 1 ISP or the other is down) and easily switch between them. From my limited reading it...

PDA Ethernet card? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking for a way to connect a PDA to a wired network using an Ethernet cable. I would like to be able to do this without use of any other computer. I do quite a bit of travelling and the hotels I visit don't always have wireless connections but more often have wired networks in the...

Ethernet Card [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find on my PC if I have an ethernet card installed on my PC?

View more questions Search