Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

Mar 23, 2009, 05:17 PM

I don't know how long it would take for you but I got my items in a week.
    I hve never had a problem here in america
    clueless2008 Posts: 135, Reputation: 18

Mar 23, 2009, 09:08 PM

Wannab, I get my 10% from a dermatologist who has it compounded into a cream with retin-a. I will say that my face is constantly peeling cause it is very strong. However, this is the fastest lightening I have ever gotten. My face is very pale and pink. Now, I'm not applying it to the rest of my body, cause the cream is too expensive. I really need to cause the rest of my body is still tan, while my face is pale with pinkish undertones. The only bad thing about HQ is that you HAVE to wear sunscreen or you will get dark again. It is not permanent.

Mar 23, 2009, 10:02 PM

Clueless how long did it take for u to see lightening?
    A week or 2 ?
    It was a cream not a gel?

Mmm I don't know what I have but I may to work on it
    wannabwhite Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 11:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless2008 View Post
    wannab, I get my 10% from a dermatologist who has it compounded into a cream with retin-a. I will say that my face is constantly peeling cause it is very strong. However, this is the fastest lightening I have ever gotten. My face is very pale and pink. Now, I'm not applying it to the rest of my body, cause the cream is too expensive. I really need to cause the rest of my body is still tan, while my face is pale with pinkish undertones. The only bad thing about HQ is that you HAVE to wear sunscreen or you will get dark again. It is not permanent.
    Yea, I use 4% that I got from a dermatalogist on my face as well right now. I'm still not the color that I want to be even though I've been using the cream for like 6 months. I think 4% is just not high enough for me. I am pretty dark, I want to be at least 5-6 shades lighter all over my body, not just my face. I'm thinking about ordering a high percentage of hq real soon. I just need to make sure I have enough money to go through the whole process, until I get my desired shade.
    wannabwhite Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 11:26 PM

Hey lighterrr, I read somewhere in the other posts that you have used mono along with hq. how is that process going for you? A part of me wants to try mono, but I don't think that I can have any kind of social life when I have spots all over my face and it looks like alligator skin. I hope all is well with you... plus I don't want me boyfriend to be like is going on with you... I'm not sure right now. I think I'm going to try hq in a high percentage first before I think about anything else
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Mar 25, 2009, 05:36 PM

Hi want to yeah I def. think the high hq is the way 2 go cause mono can leave you with white spots and an uneven skin tone, it has done that to lots of people on this forum, I've had good results with it but I am using the hq now, and kojic acid cream and soap
    prisgirl101 Posts: 45, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2009, 04:49 PM
    Hi, this question is for lighterrr, I have been following some of your post and you inspired me to order some HQ from the net. But I am really curious to know more about your journey with the 20% HQ. How long did it take you to lighten with the 20% HQ. Do you think that your successful results were due to a combination of HQ and mono. I only have one month to lighten because I have a special engagement to attend. I am ordering the 40% HQ next week. I know everyone's skin is different, but I guess I just want some indication of how long it took for you. Thank you much. I see that you have participated in 2 forums lately and I am not sure if you will respond to this forum quicker or the other one, so I'm going to ask this question in the other forum too! Thanks again!

Mar 26, 2009, 04:57 PM

Lighterrr, one more thing, if you have darker areas on the body, will those take longer to lighten than the rest of the areas or will it all lighten uniformly. If it takes longer from your experience, how long did it take you? Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2009, 06:17 PM

Well every one is different, but I applied it like my elbows knuckles, ankles etc and made sure I rubbed it in well and it gradually got lighter didn't happen as fast as the rest of my skin but it worked,

Fyi: one more thing if you're a girl usage of high hq seems to turn your fingernails brown so I got the gel nails to cover my real nails, now I only use the hq for maintenance so its not that bad

Mar 26, 2009, 09:11 PM

Thanks lighterrr, did you get any irritations? How often did you use it within the 1 month period? When I called the lady said that some people turn dark the first week, did you experience this? What did the kojic acid soap do for you, or did it make you skin better? How so? Do you think it work quicker for you because you used mono? I know it's a lot of questions--but I just don't want to give myself false hopes again only to be disappointed. I have battled with skin discolorations my whole life and I am tired of hiding behind clothes and feeling insecure? Thanks again!

Mar 26, 2009, 09:16 PM
    Thanks again Lighterrr, how long did it take your knucles, elbows, ankles, etc. Do you have pictures of your progress? If so could you email me or can we do that on this site? Anyway if we can let me know so that I can give you my email address. Thanks so much! Oh yea what color did you start being brown, red, or yellow? Thanks

Mar 26, 2009, 09:41 PM

Lol
    spotted Posts: 59, Reputation: 0

Mar 26, 2009, 10:13 PM
    :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2009, 06:34 AM

I started as a whoopi goldberg or oprahs colour back in the day, now I'm more closer to a beyouce colour, just rubbed in the hq really well into my knuckles @ night prior to sleep

Mar 27, 2009, 09:39 AM

Thanks lighterrr, but do you have pics of your progress?

Mar 27, 2009, 10:18 AM

Lighterrr, don't worry about sending pics, I was reading another thread and it was closed because contact information was given. But thanks anyway
    sweetchica21 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1
    -

Mar 27, 2009, 09:20 PM

Should hq be used only at night or can u use it morning and night?

Mar 27, 2009, 09:38 PM

Morning and night, but it depend on the %
    sweetchica21 Posts: 65, Reputation: 1
    -

Mar 27, 2009, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by prisgirl101 View Post
    Morning and night, but it depend on the %
    I just ordered hq 40%

Mar 27, 2009, 09:47 PM

Oh cool, that's the % I'm looking to get. I really don't know how many times I will apply it though. It depends on how my skin feels--you will know if your skin feels irritated and if it does you lessen the use of the HQ. So I'll let my body tell me--but I will try to use it as much as possible--as long as it doesn't irritate my skin. Did you get yours from the net?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search