Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LynnB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2006, 10:46 PM
    Persistent Termites
    My home was treated for termites a year ago. The chemical used was Termidor. Since that time, I have noticed termite activity in the same location on three separate occasions and the area was retreated twice. I noticed more termite activity today so I am very concerned. My pest control company says Termidor takes time to work so they don't seem too concerned about my recent termite activity. The area was spot treated a month ago.

Since termites have been feeding on my home for a year or more, I am very concerned. I have some questions I hope somebody can answer for me.

1. Is there a way to determine if termites are living in a wall?

2. Is there a way to treat termites living inside a wall?

3. How long does it take to apply Termidor correctly to a home? I am concerned that the pest control company didn't apply the chemical correctly since it only took them 4 hours to apply the Termidor to my 2400 sq ft house.
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Aug 25, 2006, 10:00 AM
    The company may not be mixing it correctly. Hope they aren't charging you for each time they come out.
    Termidor should work immediately.
    I going to assume you have subteranean termites. Do you see shelter tubes (mud tubes) on any walls? The termites you see should be white in appearance. These are the workier termites. They do the damage. They eat whatever has celluose content in it the take back to the colony and feed the colony.
    One thing subteranean termites need in moisture. Check the location where the activity is and see if there is a water problem in that area.
    To answer your questions, there is a scope use to look for termites in walls. The pest control company should have one. If you need to treat inside walls, there is a pesticide foam that can be injected into the wall cavities.
    And to apply for subteranean termites, they should have drilled holes or trenched around the exterior and inject the termidor. Then on the inside they need to treat also.
    You can go to termidor.com to learn more about the product.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Persistent coughing [ 1 Answers ]

I picked up an infection at the beginning of April this year that seemed to go straight to my chest. It gave me an awful, persistent cough which always left me struggling for breath and trying desperately to suck back some air into my lungs (even while the coughing fits, which sometimes lasted for...

Termites [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know what options I have for treating termites other than tenting. My next door neighber has a severely weaken immune system so I want a treatment that is non toxic if possible. I haven't yet had a termite inspection but there is evidence of termite damage around my bathroom and fencing

Problems with a persistent AOL pop up [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have spy bot search and destroy, ad aware lavasoft, and the latest form of Norton Anti Virus on my computer. However, when I go to log into my email (a compuserve email address) I am often and several times redirected to an annoying free trial AOL pop up ad. Has anyone heard of this...

View more questions Search