Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    H0llyw00d Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 12:40 PM
    My poor sick bby
    My 18 month old has a bad runny nose its green and yellow snot mostly she has a slight cough but not bad by anymeans but she is running tempatures of 101 - 103 I have been giving her tylonol witch brings the fevor down is this just a cold or should I be rushing her to a doctor? Somebody help me?
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 12:42 PM
    The green and yellow snot is a symptom of an infection. The fever is a sympton of an infection. You need to see a doctor as soon as possible. It sounds like the baby needs to be given antibiotics.
    MicroMama Posts: 27, Reputation: 7

Mar 13, 2009, 08:22 AM

My son had a very bad cold last month, actually it was a viral thing. He had his 2-year check up anyway so I mentioned it to our doctor. He said it was just a stage of the cold but if it didn't clear up in a week to come back for antibiotics.

I like my doctor because he doesn't jump all over prescribing antibiotics. It's actually very good for children's bodies to be able to fight something off naturally and build up their immune system strength. If she just has a fever and it's doing down with tylenol, I would give it a few days. If she's otherwise in no other discomfort -- i.e. she's not crying constantly, grabbing at her ears or throat, then let it run its course. She will be fine!
    tjc187 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2009, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MicroMama View Post
    My son had a very bad cold last month, actually it was a viral thing. He had his 2-year check up anyway so I mentioned it to our doctor. He said it was just a stage of the cold but if it didn't clear up in a week to come back for antibiotics.

I like my doctor because he doesn't jump all over prescribing antibiotics. It's actually very good for children's bodies to be able to fight something off naturally and build up their immune system strength. If she just has a fever and it's doing down with tylenol, I would give it a few days. If she's otherwise in no other discomfort -- i.e. she's not crying constantly, grabbing at her ears or throat, then let it run its course. She will be fine!
    Micromama's doctor was correct in not giving antibiotics for a virus, I agree that people go overboard with medicines, however it is important to take care of what sounds like a pretty serious infection and a 103 fever is just short of a high grad fever. Tylenol may lessen the symptom of a fever however it will not cure the infection which can spread. Better safe than sorry, I recommend a doctor visit.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2009, 10:15 PM

Yes! She needs to see a doctor.Green is an indication of infection.
    Children tend to run high temps when ill, it is also a good indication of infection.She is a little high for my comfort.
    Do not over wrap her or cover her too much as you will make the temp worse.
    Keep her hydrated.Give her clear fluids as much as she will tolerate and do not over do the Tylenol.
    Call your doc in the morning.

I am not a medical professional,all opinions are based on life experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very sick puppy very sick [ 12 Answers ]

I know I have been reading on this site and others and before I go any further I know my pup needs a doctor. I can not afford one at all right now and they won't make a payment plan with me because I have horrible credit. I have an 8 months old black lab that I was given for free or they were...

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

Poor kitten [ 4 Answers ]

Today I accidentally saw two poor kitten at my house porch. I have waited it's mother to take it back but it didn't show up at all! Anyway, it just had borned and it mother had ran away go to blablabla what place! What a terrible mother. And now I want to ask someone how to feed it? What type of...

Poor mummy cat [ 1 Answers ]

Our cats kittens are six weeks old and are , as I expected, very feisty, playfull little cats. My problem is that mummy cat seems to behaving oddly, she is always miowing and keeps sitting at my feet looking as though she wants something. Even when I feed her she's not very happy. She seems...

My poor dog [ 2 Answers ]

My pet pug dog has a large belly not fat lage ,but it looks inflated he also gags very loudlyhes 9 years old he is not nudered eats and drinks easly we think it's a kiddney failure but he isn't able to take a b.m. what should I do and what's his sickness

View more questions Search