Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 25, 2006, 07:03 PM
    Hey, Aqua, you know I am here for you!!

An infection probably won't show us as blisters.

Think hard about your camping trip. Anything they could have come in contact with?
    aqua@home Posts: 565, Reputation: 107

Aug 25, 2006, 07:06 PM
    Well...

I don't think so. He did pee in the bush a few times, but that's always frontwards. He was fully dressed all of the time too.

Aug 27, 2006, 01:30 PM
    New development... or lack there of:

Okay, so I guess I will be taking my son to the doctor tomorrow. I found out, a boy who was here about a month ago just had had the chicken pox.

However, what do you think of this. My 3 year old was sick for a while (still is slightly) then he broke out with these pustules on his bum. From the description that I read, I think that's what they are. He probably has 20 of them, they spread slightly below his bum onto the back of his thigh. That's it! They are not filled anymore, they are of different sizes, they are starting to get crusty. This started Friday and there has been nothing else. They are very itchy. Is it possible to have the chicken pox just on your bum? I have looked on the net but there's not much there. Any more ideas before I go to the doctor?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 27, 2006, 01:34 PM
    Sounds like pox to me!!

He may just have a very mild case. That does happen, just ask your doctor if he will be able to get it again, or if he will be susceptible to shingles. They may want to give him the vaccination.

The crusting is good, it means he is not contagious anymore!!

Aug 27, 2006, 01:42 PM
    Thank you, thank you, thank you J9. I really wanted to know if that was a possibility (it being isolated to one part of the body). I thought it sounded weird. Everyone has a different opinion about where they start too. I always thought it was on the chest but half the people I know, have been told on the bum. I will take him to the doctor tomorrow and let you know the diagnosis. I am sure you are right! Thanks again.

Maybe the offering a money donation wasn't such a bad idea...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reheating chicken [ 7 Answers ]

Once you have cooked chicken and it is cool can you reheat it? QuEstBoy:p

My dog refused to eat anything but chicken. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, My samoyed of 7 years, had glaucoma 3 weeks ago and had his left eye removed, a few days before the op to keep his strength up we gave him a whole chicken a day, and also a few days after the op, he now refuses his own meat although we have tried to ween him off the chicken, by mixing...

Chicken pox [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am pregnant for 4 months and never had chicken pox before. This weekend I am planning to see my teacher who's child has been infected with chicken pox. My teacher has not been infected maybe because she had it before. Now, I worry that my teacher might carry the virus (not infected by...

Can you ever get rid of chicken pox scars? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows hwo to get rid of chicken pox scars? Is it possible? Thank you

Chicken, ziti and broccoli [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone have a message for a chicken,ziti, and broccoli dish either with a light wine sauce or a light creamy sauce, they sell this in a lot of restaurants but i don't know what they use to make the sauce. Thanks for your help

View more questions Search