Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theboxer07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 08:30 PM
    Relinquishing rights to my child
    I wish to relinquish my rights to my daughter to the mother and her new husband whom wishes to adopt her. How do I go about this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 08:59 PM
    With an attorney
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 01:07 PM

The mother and step father will file a petition for adoption. In that process their lawyer will provide you with the necessary paperwork. This is not something you can do, it has to be done by the adopting parents.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 5, 2009, 01:09 PM

YOU don't go about this. The step father has to initiate an adoption petititon. Part of the petititon will be a relinquishment of your rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishing parental rights vs. Child support [ 9 Answers ]

I am currently 8 months pregnant and the father of my baby refuses to speak to me, I have no idea what he plans on doing as far as custody, etc. since he will not return my calls. Ideally, I would like to ask him to relinquish his parental rights but if I do that does that mean that I would...

Relinquishing rights [ 2 Answers ]

What is the law for child support if you give up parental rights?

Relinquishing rights and child support [ 1 Answers ]

My husband had a child with another woman. This woman had three other men tested and never thought my husband was the father, until all the other men tested were determined not to be the father. My husband never knew about this child and has never even seen the child. The woman gets assistance...

Relinquishing all rights ? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok the legal guardian of the baby Ive been caring for over the past 7 months signed the baby over to me by relinquishing all rights through a public notary .Ok now the original mother got out of jail Monday and brought me the court order which was for the girl that signed him over to me ordering...

View more questions Search