Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    famvanyan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 08:27 PM
    Trying to clean my credit
    I am trying to buy a house, when they pulled my credit it showed that I have this debt of 1000 thousands dollars since 2003. If I pay that off will it make a deference on my report.
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 04:34 AM

Of course it will.
    If you can afford it, do it as soon as possible.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2009, 07:54 AM

Actually paying off that debt may not have a great affect on your credit.The fact that you defaulted on the debt will remain on your credit report for a few more years. That fact that you could have afforded to pay it evidenced by your paying it not, may be considered a negative.
    codyman144 Posts: 544, Reputation: 31

Mar 12, 2009, 07:29 PM

You can file a dispute with all three credit reporting agencies about this matter. The company who reported it has about 30 days to respond and basically prove you defaulted on the debt or the agencies have to remove this from your credit report.

Also you can try to work something out with the company whereas if you pay they will remove the negative entry on your credit report.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get started with a cleaning co. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... I need help How do I get started after you have a job, the money to back you and the help to work? What do I need to do to get started?

Trying to find a movie [ 2 Answers ]

K, hello. I saw a preview for a movie with in the past 2-3 year. Saw it all the time but never saw the movie and want to see it now. If I remember correctly its about a man who is dead. So he needs to find his murderer. I've been told that I'm talking about the movie 88 min. but it don't...

Grandparents trying to get visitation [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what Kentucky law is concerning parents rights concerning grandparents visitation and what can I do to stop them from seeing him

I am trying to clean up debt with out a bankruptcy or ruining credit [ 4 Answers ]

I recently dissolved my corporation of 9 years. I have some debt that is in my name personally and also as a corp. The debt is about $7929.00. I am unable to keep up with this debt and would like to find out how to get rid of it, or reduce it with out killing my credit any worse then it already...

View more questions Search