Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 07:36 PM
    Sealing stone fireplace back
    My daughter has the back side of her fireplace in the bathroom. It was originally behind a s/r wall. I would like to clean and seal the stone to bring out colors in stone and make it easier to maintain. Would also like to seal the mortar.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chuck

Check out some similar questions!

Sealing a brick fireplace hearth [ 2 Answers ]

Can I use polyurethane to seal a brick fireplace hearth? All the old paint was scraped off the brick leaving it a natural look and I just want to seal it with something that protects it and gives it a slight sheen.

Sealing a new rock fireplace [ 3 Answers ]

I have a new rock fireplace that still has some dust coming from it. Do I need to seal the rock or the mortor to prevent this. Is so what do I use. Thanks

Painting an ugly stone fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

We have an ugly stone fireplace that we would like to paint with a whitewash to brighten it up a bit. Any thoughts? Has anyone ever done this before?

Repairing or sealing cracks in fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

Need suggestions on how to seal 1/8 to 1/4 inch cracks in the bottom of a fireplace.

Price p/sf installing stone on fireplace? [ 1 Answers ]

we have approx 400sf of fireplace (indoors) to be covered with flag stone in a random stacked manor, if the stone is supplied by owner, does any one have a price p/sf that's fair in mind for a stone mason and a laborer? Is 63.00 p/sf in the ball park? Any help will be appreciated. Thank u.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.