Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    famousdork1 Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Mar 4, 2009, 07:05 PM
    Tylenol PM.
    i was just wondering. I took 2 Tylenol PM pills last night. And i told
    my friend i did, and she got worried & said it's dangerous too take that many :eek:
    But my question is; how many Tylenol PM can you take without overdose. I'm just wondering. Nothing Serious. Thanks :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 07:28 PM

You did say 2 ( not 20 or 12 )
    I thought two was the correct doze for a adult. *** assuming you are a adult.
    famousdork1 Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Mar 4, 2009, 08:26 PM

Um, no. I'm 14.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by famousdork1 View Post
    um, no. i'm 14.
    I think for most OTC meds, anyone over the age of 12 takes the "adult dosage" which I think is 2 for Tylenol. You should be fine.

As for overdose... you'd have to take way more than 2. It'd depend on a lot of variables (height/weight, mingling with other drugs, medical history, etc) For someone your age, I definitely wouldn't advise taking more than 2 however. If you have enough pain that 2 tablets aren't effective, call your dr before taking more than the recommended dosage.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 4, 2009, 08:58 PM
    Sounds right to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tylenol 2, 3 or 4 into Canada [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm generally new to this community though I love it because of it's honesty and speed of answering regardless here is my question for you experts. Note: I'm not sure where to classify this as so I put it as other. Note: I'm in Canada I have chronic headaches (alot of them hurt every day and...

My wolf ate 2 tylenol pm, is he going to be OK? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 7 month old north americab timber wolf that is well over 100lbs. He ate 2 tylenol pm, I'm just wondering if he is going to be OK? I tried googling the topic & some said he will some said he might not be. & for some odd reason my vet's phone has been busy. Please help

Tylenol (sp?) and Prevacid [ 2 Answers ]

Can you take the two together? Do they interact badly when taken together?

Had too much tylenol [ 1 Answers ]

So I was very depressed last night and called my friend but she wasn't available and then for some stupid reason I decided to take half a bottle of tylenol I'm not sure how many I took because I just emptied the bottle it could've been 20 or so but nothing has happened to me so far except I get...

My dog ate Tylenol [ 4 Answers ]

Okay so my 2.5 year old cocker Spaniel got into a bottle of Tylenol... I don't know how much she ate if anything at all, most of them seemed to be licked because of the raspberry (easy to swallow) coating on it. I was searching for other answers online and found this for someone who's 9 month...

View more questions Search