Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seth3g5 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 06:23 PM
    What to do about a girl you REALLY like but has had a boyfriend for 2 years?
    First off, I'm 15, almost 16. There is there is this girl that I met almost 2 months ago. Right now we are just friends but I really really really like her. I like her way more than any other girl I have ever liked. She has a boyfriend and they've been together for 2 years. She never has even mentioned him to me but she knows that I know she has a boyfriend. Whenever we see each other around school we always say hi and we still do even if she is with her boyfriend. I'd say we are pretty good friends but just friends. I think she likes me but I'm not real sure.

But I have no idea what to do? Do I tell her how I feel and risk losing a good friend? Do I just wait for them to break up even if they have been together for 2 years? And I don't think I can just move on because she is the only girl like and I like her a lot.

Any help would REALLY BE APPRECIATED
    Thanks
    giggle_monster Posts: 84, Reputation: 0

Mar 5, 2009, 06:54 AM

I think you should ask her if she likes you or ask a friend to ask her if she likes likes you and if she does then tell her how you feel or you can wait until her and her boyfriend breakes up but if you do you will have to wait until she is sobbing over it.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 09:57 AM

Do nothing. At least not until she is free to date again.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 10:25 AM

What's going to be harder: being friends with someone you like but you can't be in a relationship? Or finding new friends and trying to get over her? I would recommend the second one.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2009, 10:52 AM

If she had a boyfriend for the past 2 years that shows that she is in a committed relationship so why would you want to interfer?

Now if she never mention her boyfriend to you maybe she just likes the attention you're throwing her way. If this is the case you could be playing with fire and shouldn't want to get tangle in anyone confusion.

In life your going like people but sometimes the person you like is going be taken so you move on and find someone that is available and stop focusing on someone that is taken.

Food for thought, if you can take her away from her boyfriend what makes you think the same can't happen to you? Where's the loyalty?
    ar9763 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 01:46 PM

I have almost EXACTLY the same problem, only even more complicated. My "best friend" no longer talks to me, and I'm not sure why. If it works out for you, be sure to tell me about it. Read my post:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...ch-322032.html

Also, I know how you feel... this girl was my best friend, and I can't imagen replacing her. There are other girls that I think I could get to like, but Im just not even interested.
    seth3g5 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2009, 02:36 PM

Thanks for the advice.

Giggle monster- why should I wait until she is crying over it?

Zoe-i truthfully don't think I can get over her. For me, its not about what is easier, its about will overall make me happier.

I sit right next to her in a class, I'm her lab partner, she rides my bus, and I see her everyday so its pretty hard to just not think about her.

Liz- I'm very willing to take the risk of that happening if we are together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get a girl 2 years older that me? [ 4 Answers ]

I really like this girl who is turning seventeen on Sunday. I am 15 and she says that she doesn't like younger guys. I play soccer with her bro and she has told me that she finds everyone on the team attractive but she says that we are all to young. How can I ask her out and have her like me as a...

I'm a girl, I kissed a girl, I didn't like it. Should I tell my boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are 19.. he's not a partier but sometimes I can be. I used to party and drink every other weekend before we started going out but I stopped when I started dating him because he didn't really like it unless he was around. Plus he doesn't want me doing anything that's bad for me...

How do I get the girl I really like when she still loves her ex of 3 years? [ 4 Answers ]

I met a girl over the summer. At first, I thought she was really cute and I thought I never had a chance. Then I didn't see her again until the semester started at school. At first we would meet each other in the hall and say Hi here or there. Then I really started to think about her a lot. Later...

Girl tells boy he's the father after 4 years [ 1 Answers ]

I'm writing because my cousin's ex girlfriend (who has been around the world and back if you know what I mean) called my grandmother the other day and was trying to get in touch with my cousin. She told my grandmother that she wanted my cousin to sign his rights away to his 4 year old daughter that...

My girl of 3 years has asked for space [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, mygirlfriend of 3 years has said she is not hapy and needs to go to her mums to sort her head out. We have lived together for 2 years and she has gone to her mums before about a year ago, but she came back. We don't really argue but we do bicker a lot about nothing and when she drinks at...

View more questions Search