Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hhalzate Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 02:26 PM
    40+ sister has growing tummy fat or foompah!
    My sister is 41 years old and in really good shape. She watches what she eats carefully (she is allergic to almost everything delicious) and works out on a regular basis, however she seems to be struggling to keep the little belly fat that develops below the bellybutton on women referred to as a foompah. It is small but it is getting harder to keep that tight mid section she has always maintained. She does tae-bo and works out on the total gym and recently started using the p90x ab ripper exercise to strengthen her core as well as her abs. any suggestions on what she can do to keep her tight abs tight?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2009, 05:24 PM

As women get older they often have to step up their routines a notch to maintain your condition... which is sounds like she is doing. Changes in diet can sometimes play a role as well as the body will start to metabolize foods a bit differently.
    The weights and resistance training can help maintain her muscle and bone density which also starts to become an issue in the 40's.
    After sometime on the p90x, it will be interesting to see what results she sees. Keep us posted!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Tummy [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys. Well my weight ranges from 130-135 I would like to lose 10 lb... The problem is... My body is fine, tis just my stomach... So can I have some tips that will help me tone out my tummy? I have a bit of a gut.

Tummy fat [ 2 Answers ]

Before I got pregnant,my tummy was very flat,but now that I gave birth 7months ago,my tummy is now large.how do I regain my original flat tummy

How do I get a flatter tummy? [ 7 Answers ]

I want my tummy to be flat and for the love-handles to go away before school starts in August.. does anyone have sum advice?

Big tummy [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I really want to know how to get rid of my tummy my whole body is fine, its just I have a little tummy which is annoying because you can see it . I have really tried to get rid of it but everyone is giving me different types of advice I need one which I could stick 2 help! My tummy shows when...

Tummy flu [ 1 Answers ]

What's best medication for a tummy flu? How good is Oseltemuvon capsule?

View more questions Search